Software sometimes won't connect profiles to titles

Wozza_UK

Software sometimes won't connect profiles to titles

Post by Wozza_UK »

Hi,
I've had this problem for several weeks now and it's really annoying. I've made a profile for one particular game - GT Legends - but no matter how many times I assign the profile to the game the software won't remember the assignment. It just resets it to default again. I have to manually assign it every time before playing.

Also, is there any way to make the software minimize to the task bar only. It normally minimizes to the 'hidden icons' area to the right end. This is annoying because when I want to edit the profile I have to hover over the end of the task bar, double click it there, then double click again from the task bar. I have been all through the options in the software to no avail.

Thanks,
8-)
MikeWitham

Re: Software sometimes won't connect profiles to titles

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello Wozza_UK,

For your first problem. Does the problem persist if you right-click and run the software as an administrator? If running the software as an administrator doesn't help I would like you to go into the TrackIR install folder in program files (x86), and delete the settings file. It should rebuild itself the next time you close the software but save the new settings. Please let me know the outcome of these solutions.

As for your feature request, I have added it to a list I have and will send it to the development team for review. As of right now the software will minimize to the hidden icons section when a game is loaded and there isn't a way to shut that feature off.

Best regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Wozza_UK

Post by Wozza_UK »

Mike,
I tried both your suggestions but neither worked.

It was only GTLegends that it wouldn't remember so I have deleted that profile and will remake it again from scratch. No time to do it now so I will post again another time.

Thanks for your help,
Wozza.
Wozza_UK

Post by Wozza_UK »

OK an update. I deleted the GT Legends profile and remade it ... but the problem persists. It's really weird - out of all the profiles I use this is the ONLY one that plays up.

The profile runs fine if I set it up before running the game but as soon as I shut down the TrackIR software it forgets it again.

Can anyone else who owns GT Legends test this for me?

Wozza_UK

Post by Wozza_UK »

The problem persists.

Is anyone out there?

:o
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello Wozza_UK,

I was looking into possible solutions and the next option I can think of is to remove and reinstall the TrackIR software. I would like you to remove the current version and test it with version 5.1.3. Testing with that version will let me know if it is hardware or software that is causing the issue. Please test 5.1.3 and let me know if it works.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Wozza_UK

Post by Wozza_UK »

Hmm, but the version I am using is 5.2.200 (build 14548). So that's newer right? :roll:
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Wozza_UK,

Yes, it is newer, but I would like you to test with a different version than you are currently using. It will help me determine what the issue is, and v. 5.1.3 is the version that I prefer to test with.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
dweeze

Post by dweeze »

Hi support,

i have the same problem with TrackIR 5.2.2!
I seached the web and the forum, i have reinstalled TrackIR 5.2.2, i have tested the version 5.1.3, but the bug remains the same:
The profile for GT Legends will not be saved!

Now i have seen in the file 'profilemap.dat', there is a duplicate id 3902. I suppose this is the problem and the id 3902 belongs to GT Legends.

It would be nice, if this bug could be fixed in the next update.

Regards,
dweeze
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

dweeze,

I've got it on a list of things to fix. I've noticed that if you delete the extra 3902 ID from the Profile map. The next time you start the software it will have the profile assigned to it. When you restart the software, it will populate the second ID again, but keep the profile assignment.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager