TarckIR and Assetto Corsa Competizione

SkinnyCyclist

TarckIR and Assetto Corsa Competizione

Post by SkinnyCyclist »

There has been some commotion lately over at the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum regarding whether there will be support for TrackIR in the game. Right now there isn't but hopefully there will be.

I'm not a developer/programmer (I did though do some Basic programming on my Sinclair ZX81 back in the eighties...) but I'm curious what kind of effort that is needed to implement TrackIR in a game - Is this something a game developer can do on their own or must the hardware manufacturer always be involved to some extent? Is it very complicated compared to other programming tasks? And again, I'm not a programmer so I'm sorry if I simplify things.

Using TrackIR has really changed the way I play racing games and flight simulators and I've tried VR but in it's current form it's not for me so I'm really hoping for continued TrackIR support in games.

Best Regards,
Richard
Windows 10 Home | ASUS Strix Z270H Gaming | 16GB DDR4 | Intel i7 7700K 4,2GHz | MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | Creative Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR 5 | TM T300RS | T3PA-PRO | F599XX EVO 30 | Sparco® R383 | Ferrari F1 | T3PA-PRO | TH8A Shifter
scarletspeed

Re: TarckIR and Assetto Corsa Competizione

Post by scarletspeed »

I agree! I would rather use other racing sims with TrackIR than ACC without, now that I experienced the realism, freedom and beauty of using it. I also tested VR intensively, but we are in an early state of VR as it seems (considering the image quality) and I will look into VR in 3 years again... until then: TrackIR is the only way to go for me with Racing Sims!

So please help Kunos implement support for TrackIR :)
uros76

Post by uros76 »

Hi. Was there any progress on this? ACC is due to launch in a month and would love to get TrackIR supported.
Chris.Johnson

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello,

Thank you for connecting through the forums. We have not had any new request from KUNOS-Simulazioni Srl for their new game. I would assume they are just going to roll in the same code, and I expect TIR to work right away when they release the game. If it doesn't, let us know and we will look into it.
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint
luis branco

Post by luis branco »

Hi,

ACC v1.0 was released today but unfortunately it didn't bring TrackIR Support.
Don't know if ACC forum is accessible but there's a lengthy thread asking for TRackIR to be supported https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/inde ... acc.50367/

Is there something that can be done to be able to have TrackIR supported in game?
I would love to be able to use TrackIR in ACC because is so much better for immersion but also is much helpful for driving perception and car positioning.
Otto_Matix

Post by Otto_Matix »

I've been with a TrackIr for at least 10 years and I don't see playing any racing or flight sims without it. Why ACC has decided to launch without is beyond logic. I have a group of friends who also are TR fans and some have not bought ACC yet and are waiting for it's fusion into ACC.
I really hope our friends here at NaturalPoint can influence the crew at ACC.

NotBuyingTillTheyDo
Otto
feint

Post by feint »

Same. I don't understand why ACC doesn't have TIR support yet. Seems insane.
Bran

Post by Bran »

1.07 has TrackIR support...although it needs fine tuning. Every axis is upside down...that needs to be fixed. But I am confident!!
guitarwiz1

Post by guitarwiz1 »

This is what's happening to me with TrackIR in ACC.
So far the only solution seems to be is to lock the fps to 30 or below. Even then I'll still have some occasional flickering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh-r56hvlt4
Bran

Post by Bran »

that does not look good...are you sure it is ACC related?

Check out V1.09. TrackIR is fully operational now.
They fixed the inverted axis since V1.07. TrackIR works like a charm now, out of the box. Not sure, if we can adjust some TrackIR Parameters within the game, but it would be for minor adjustments towards one's preferences anyways.