F1 2011 not recognized by TIr 5 software.

maxam

F1 2011 not recognized by TIr 5 software.

Post by maxam »

Hi,

I am a long time user of TIr software for use with MS Flight Simulator. Having purchased the TIr3, 4 and 5 I figure that I have become quite astute at using the software over the years. With the addition of a driving game I have been racking my brain as to why the TIr does not function even though the lights are on.

I recently installed F1 2011 which I purchased from STEAM store.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/44360/
The Steam UI is used to launch the game while connected to the game server online, therefor there isn't a F1 2011.exe that I could find and my understanding is that TIr will only work when it finds the corresponding .exe, is that correct?

So would the TIr work in F1 2011 if I associate its profile with the Steam.exe instead?

Thanks,
Robert
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: F1 2011 not recognized by TIr 5 software.

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

There should be no issues with games downloaded from steam. While you launch them from the Steam, all it does is point to the location where it put the game executable.
maxam

Re: F1 2011 not recognized by TIr 5 software.

Post by maxam »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply, I still could not find a F1 2011.exe but I did read the TIr5 manual and it specifically mentions that the TIr software should be launched prior to launching a game or sim. Well I tried that and it works flawlessly. I have been doing the inverse all this time and will change my behavior now LOL.

Thanks for your help.
Robert