Assetto Corsa

Essobie

Re: Assetto Corsa

Post by Essobie »

Heh... I had forgotten I had posted in this thread.

The title is really all I needed. While it isn't ideal that Assetto Corsa hasn't had its own title added to the list, it's a start. Of course, the range at which you can look around in the cockpit of cars in the game leave a lot to be desired... but that's not on you guys.
Hntsvl_Racer

Post by Hntsvl_Racer »

This rocks! I thought I had the ultimate setup, with triple 24" monitors, and the ability to see a wide FOV. But with TrackIR, I can turn my head just a bit, and see the apex so much better. I can now hit my turn in spot within inches of my intended line. Anyone serious about their sim racing needs this. They just don't know it.

A lap last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2ywPrd9FPo
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hey Hntsvl_Racer,

Your set up and video look great. Thanks for the feedback on the TrackIR and I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying it.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Hntsvl_Racer

Post by Hntsvl_Racer »

Loved it so much, had to buy a second one for the second rig.
Bran

Post by Bran »

Don't forget to put it on the supported games list :D
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Thanks for reminder. We are working on updating the list.
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
fazlee712

Post by fazlee712 »

I just hate how it limits how far you can look left/right so you can barely really look out the car's windows with TrackIR if you're playing on one monitor with a proper FoV :(
faz
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello fazlee712,

That is likely a constraint put on the TrackIR by the Devs. Does it change if you make your profile more aggressive in the TrackIR software?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
decker12

Post by decker12 »

Just wanted to chime into this thread and say that I've had decent success with AC and TrackIR 5. It's not perfect but it has gotten alot better since the early releases of AC. The head tracking in-game doesn't seem to be limited to the range of a real driver's head, so if you turn your TrackIR too much you can look into the back seat.

I've attached my profile. AC isn't in the Games list in the TrackIR software, so you have to load the profile and put it in Exclusive mode.

My goal with this profile is to give me near natural 1 to 1 movement in a circular section right in front of me. The further I turn my head to the left or right, the more acceleration I get, so if I turn my head totally to the left the AC view will show me the back seat.

While that's not very helpful, I haven't bothered to tweak that extreme acceleration out of the profile because I'm rarely looking 100% in any direction, but your mileage may vary. I have a single 24" monitor about 3 feet from my head.

For me this attached profile feels very natural. I use this profile as a starting point for Elite Dangerous, GRID Autosport, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and several other games.
Attachments
ACorsa.xml
(5.54 KiB) Downloaded 501 times
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

decker12,

I'll check out the profile and thank you for the upload. What are your speed and smoothness settings at with this profile?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager