NASCAR The Game 2013

guitarwiz1

NASCAR The Game 2013

Post by guitarwiz1 »

Anybody know if this game will support TrackIR?
I've been having a blast testing the beta. Only problem is I keep turning my head and nothing happens. :grin:
guitarwiz1

Re: NASCAR The Game 2013

Post by guitarwiz1 »

I must be blind...I wanted to add a link for the game in case anyone is interested, but I can't find the edit button. lol

Anyway here it is.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22522 ... 00_259_203
guitarwiz1

Post by guitarwiz1 »

Wow...three months...over two hundred views, and no reply's.
Doesn't matter...TrackIR support is the least of this games problems. It's a shame too..I really wanted this game to be great.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in TrackIR. I read on their forums that this game will not support TrackIR. Here is the link to the topic:

http://forums.nascarthegame.com/threads ... ht=TrackIR

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
guitarwiz1

Post by guitarwiz1 »

Thank You for the reply.

The question I have now is: What would it take to get TrackIR supported by this game?
Is it a matter of rewriting code or is it a simple file they just need to add?
Who needs to talk to who?

As of now you are able to pan your view in car using defined buttons. The problem with that is it turns left / right really fast and is slow to return to center.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hello,

Integrating TrackIR is quite simple on a fundamental level, requiring less than 20 lines of code to start streaming 6 DOF data. What the developers choose to do with that data, and the complexity of that implementation, varies based on title, engine, dev vision, etc. If the cockpit is fully rendered, and/or if manual view control is already implemented, then the complete integration should be a snap. If new models need to be created to accommodate the full range of view control, or other UI/control/art components are impacted, then TrackIR integration can become a larger project. (This is far more common in something like an FPS, where aiming and viewing are generally tied together, and often characters are not fully modeled for the first person view.)

Developers will require our SDK to implement TrackIR, which we are happy to provide. We will reach out to them to see if they're interested, but we also always recommend expressing your interest directly to the developer. Customer feedback often goes much further than our own outreach.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
guitarwiz1

Post by guitarwiz1 »

Thanks again... I'll be sure to pass that information along.