Project Cars + TIR 5.4.1 = unresolvable deadzone for me

Smokytyrz

Project Cars + TIR 5.4.1 = unresolvable deadzone for me

Post by Smokytyrz »

Hi there

I just updated to 5.4.1 and as of doing so Project Cars now has a deadzone/lag around the center point for all axis, and no changes to the curves or curve heights seems to get rid of it. I haven't tried other games yet (no time) but this wasn't issue before the update.

Is there a new setting somewhere that I am missing? I explored the TIR tool but didn't see anything obvious. What has changed?

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Did you resolve it?

Thanks
feint

Re: Project Cars + TIR 5.4.1 = unresolvable deadzone for me

Post by feint »

I'm not having this problem as far as I can tell, but I am having another problem with Project Cars. When I enter into any camera other than helmet cam or chase cam, TrackIR is enabled for those views. So if I move x, y or z at all, the camera position goes flying very very far and fast away from the car through the map.

This is annoying as those other views are now unusable (bumper cam, hood cam, car interior, etc). I can only use helmet cam and chase cam correctly.

I'm using profiles I created before the update. Not sure if that's a problem.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Smokytyrz,

Nothing we've changed would have impacted the profiles in that way. Is there a way you could send me your profile so I can take a look at what is going on?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

feint,

That is interesting. Can you submit a video of it happening? The TrackIR shouldn't impact cameras outside of the helmet cam.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Gomma

Post by Gomma »

Hi!
Sorry for my poor english, i'm from Argentina.
A few months ago, it happened a think in the game project cars, is the same thing that this post.
The camera fly away of the car.
It's ressolved by changing some times the camera options in the game, but now is unressolved, at least in that game...
I play a lot of times using Track IR 5+Clip Pro without using helmet options, but i don't known is there a problem with this specific games, because in Assetto Corsa look great as usual.
I leave you a video of that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERpiia42lw8

This movements are when I move to the front or the back and left or right.
I don't known if the problems are from that game wich recently has release an update with support of VR...
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Gomma,

From what I remember disabling the x, y and z axis help resolve this issue. I'll look into whether or not that has changed, would you be able to verify if that resolves the problem for me?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Gomma

Post by Gomma »

Hi Mike!
MikeWitham wrote:Gomma, From what I remember disabling the x, y and z axis help resolve this issue. I'll look into whether or not that has changed, would you be able to verify if that resolves the problem for me? Regards,

Yes, I told that in private message in April 2th. of the FB Track IR page ;)

"Javier Antonio Gomez 02/04/2016 17:33
I read some of the messages in the post of the Project Cars Forum, that can explain how to resolve the problem meanwhile the dev of that games is worked in a solution and it's worked for me! :D
Simply deactivate axis "x" "y" "z" in TrackIR 5 setting.
Only "jaw", "pitch" and "roll" were active.
I tell this because for me it's resolved and this is wich you tell to the people who have this problem.

TrackIR 02/04/2016 20:12
Thank you for the information.

Javier Antonio Gomez 02/04/2016 20:13
Your welcome!
That hard it's amazing and it's a shame this issues with some games..."