Sli Pro Display w/trackir

Solo59

Sli Pro Display w/trackir

Post by Solo59 »

I currently have a sli pro gte wheel plate on my steering wheel. It is a digital display similar to what you would see on a f1 car or Indy car. It has different colored led lights that act as gear shift lights. Will these lights affect the Trackir 5 sensor and the Trackclip Pro? I can turn down the brightness if that helps. Also, my steering wheel is setup to take up about 40% of the bottom half of my monitors screen for a realistic feel. Will the position of my wheel affect the Trackir and the Trackclip pro? I will be ordering this product this weekend.

Thank you in advance
MikeWitham

Re: Sli Pro Display w/trackir

Post by MikeWitham »

Solo59,

There shouldn't be any interference issues. With the LEDs being on your steering wheel, the camera should be behind them on top of the monitor. So in that case they wouldn't be facing each other and the LEDS would not likely be seen by the TrackIR. If there is a problem you can increase the light filter threshold to compensate for the lights.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Solo59

Post by Solo59 »

Thank you Mike! This is very good to know. I guess my steering wheel position won't affect the trackir neither.

Just one more question I forgot to ask. My monitor sits on a stand that sits right againts my steering wheel stand. So the FFB from my wheel shakes the stand my monitor is on, thereby shaking the monitor.
Would this affect the trackir sensor that sits on top the monitor?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Solo59,

If it shakes it enough that would impact tracking and cause the view to shake along with it.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager