Support for Nascar 2003 and F1C

ThomasH

Re: Support for Nascar 2003 and F1C

Post by ThomasH »

Now, put on those eDimentional glasses, and man....
TailFlamer

Post by TailFlamer »

Maybe the guys here are working on a patch to give F1C true support for TIR so you don't have to assign it to a controller like we do now.

I use a MOMO Force wheel/pedals, so I don't have a problem with it. And since I mainly drive F1 cars in the game, I don't need a clutch pedal either. I imagine it sucks to not be able to use a clutch pedal in some of the mods though. Maybe something will be done about this.

[ December 23, 2003, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: TailFlamer ]
Catelli

Post by Catelli »

Hi,

Please, how I do to use Trackir2 with F1C. I sow the last e-mail. How can I do to create another Joystick, and mainly using the Trackir2.

I can use 2 controllers. Wheel and Joystick (to look around), but I can�t use using Trackir2.

Can you help me and say to me step by step?

Thank you very much,

Best Regards,

Mauricio Catelli
dumpeal

Post by dumpeal »

This is wonderfull it's working very good ))

I'll make Two vid�o for Natural point with TrackIR2 in my web site.
becarfull my site web is in French

To make translation use this : Google translation

F1c + ETCC

Enjoy !!!

gamers-eyes.com
Norseman

Post by Norseman »

Can someone post all the info here since the RSC forum is down at the moment (and has been for quite some time). I just received my TrckIR and I'm dying to give it a go!
Peter Dikant

Post by Peter Dikant »

Finally there is a solution for folks who need to use more than 2 joystick devices in F1 Challenge. This is particulary usefull if you want to use the TrackIR headtracking device together with seperate pedals and / or shifter.

Deon van der Westhuysen has just released an addon for his virtual joystick driver which is a joystick mixer. It can mix the axes of multiple joysticks into one virtual joystick device. Go to http://ppjoy.uni.cc and download the PPJoy drivers version 0.8. Then grab the PPJoyjoy utility at http://www.dikant.de. You can find the PPJoyJoy utility currently only at my website, but it will be included in the next release of the PPJoy driver.
Rushman

Post by Rushman »

That is ABSOLUTELY excellent news. Now I can try the non-F1 mods on F1C ! Woohoo

Thanks for the tip!

Rushman

[ April 19, 2004, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Rushman ]
Rushman

Post by Rushman »

Is there an Idiot Guide for setting this up?

I finally tried to set this up for F1C and failed miserably.

Where or who can tell me step by step how to get this working?

I'm trying to use the ActLabs Perf Pedals and Shifter with the TIR2 device.

I did get the TIR2, very cool addition I might add, to work with the previous PPJoy and TIR2Joy easily enough. Plus, I can set my wheel and pedals and shifter as one joystick, but the gas and brake end up on the same axis. So, I NEED this.

Rushman

[ May 25, 2004, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Rushman ]
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Here is what you need and how to do it.

1. You need 2 programs, I have included the links to help make it easier for you:

PPJoy joystick device driver
http://www.geocities.com/deonvdw/Docs/PPJoyMain.htm

TrackIR2Joystick http://www.dikant.de./index.php?option= ... d=12&func= fileinfo&parent=category&filecatid=8

2. Unzip and install PPJoy into your OS (mine is WinXP, but this will work in Win2000 okay). Click Next all the way until it finished.

3. Run PPJoy's "Configure Joystick", hit "Add...", and select Parallel port as "Virtual port", Controller number as "Controller 1".

4. Go to Control Panel's Gaming Options (aka Joystick), you should able to see a new stick named "PPJoy Virtual joystick 1", remember it's number (mine is joystick no3).

5. Start TrackIR and enable "Enhanced Mode".

6. Unzip TrackIR2Joystick into its own directory, than run tir2joy.exe

7. You should be able to see a window with title "TrackIR2Joystick", and while you moving your head in front of TrackIR, the "Status" will now show your head position (X=xxx, Y=xxx).

8. Go to the Control Panel's Gaming Options (aka Joystick) again, double click on "PPJoy Virtual joystick 1" and move your head, you should be able to see the joystick marker moving as your heads moving. Map your left and right keys and your done.

9. Start racing and have fun.

[ June 15, 2004, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Wayne ]
Rushman

Post by Rushman »

Thanks Wayne for the step by step. I'm sure this will help many people who are trying this for the first time.

However my post above is referring to the problem of getting three joysticks recognized in F1C99-02, a problem which a previous post was supposed to solve.

The theory sounded great with the inclusion of the new program PPJoyJoy, but there's still one problem that I cannot get around, and that's being able to change Controller ID's in WinXP. At least I think that would solve it.

This problem stems from the fact that F1C does not recognise more than 2 controllers, and those Controller ID's must be 1 and 2. If you already have 2 controllers in the game, like I do (ActLabs Performance Clutch [ID 1] and ActLabs Wheel/ Performance Pedal Combo [ID 2]), then adding in the TIR2joystick as a 3rd controller doesn't work.

That's where PPJoyJoy is supposed to come in. It does combine joysticks as advertised, for instance, the clutch pedal and the TIR2joystick as Virtual Joystick 1, but I have not been able, in XP, to alter it's Controller ID from 3 to 1 or 2. And setting ID 3 (Virtual Joystick 1) to 'Preferred Joystick' status under Advanced in XP's Controller Panel does nothing.

Anyone know how to change controller ID's in XP?

Rushman