TrackIR-3Pro & GTR 2002

Wayne

Re: TrackIR-3Pro & GTR 2002

Post by Wayne »

I have not heard back yet, I have dropped him another e-mail at his website today.
marius

Post by marius »

Thank you for reply Dumpeal, but I have to ask you how many controllers have you got in GTR, because I already got two controllers.
I'm waiting to see what Wayne does with Peter Dikant.
marius

Post by marius »

Take your time Wayne... I'll waynt
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

marius,

Okay I have heard back from Peter.

PPJoyJoy will give you the multi-joystick support that you need.

He said that if we have any problems to contact Deon van der Westhuysen the developer of PPJoy.

I will hopefully have chance to play around with everything this week or at the weekend.

PPJoy can be found here Here
marius

Post by marius »

Thank you very much Wayne and all of you.
Best regards
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

marius

No problem
Charvel

Post by Charvel »

I have to admit that I'm very reluctant to use this PPjoy program for the fact that I'm running CH stuff with a control manager as it is. As much as I want to try a driving sim I'm not sure I want to mess with my control assignments and everything else that seems precariously balanced in XP as it is.

I wonder why it is so difficult to simply have the game interface list all devices and let the user choose, especially these days with so many USB devices around.

But since I'm not a programmer perhaps it's just too late in the cycle or they don't feel it's worthwhile enough.

Perhaps I'll give it a go when I have more time but please post your experiences here!
marius

Post by marius »

Hi Charvel, sorry to reply so late but I don't have a TrackIR hardware yet. Here in Romania I can't find it, but I have a friend in US who will send it to me anytime soon.
Then maybe it will be too late to help you but I'll let you know anything I do.
Tarquin

Post by Tarquin »

This thread has almost solved a problem I was having with my new TrackIR.

I am also having problems getting TrackIR to work with GTR 2002 because I am already using 2 USB controllers.

If I unplug one of my controllers I am able to assign look left and look right to the TrackIR (through PPJoy & TIR2Joy).

I have downloaded PPJoyJoy which enables me to combine my Speed7 Pedals, Microsoft Sidewinder Wheel and Track IR (through PPJoy & TIR2Joy) into a single controller. Yet this virtual controller is not accesible in game as it is not assigned as either controller 1 or controller 2 in Windows XP and I am unable to change the order in which the controllers appear.

The question is is it possible to reassign this virtual controller as controller ID 1 or 2? Or should I be trying to reassign the wheel or pedals to a different controller ID? I have tried and failed to do either of these. Or do I just give up as both XP and F1 2002 have overlooked the need to be able to do this?

Thanks for any help, and I must congratulate the authors of PPJoy & TIR2Joy as they have proved to be excellent additions to using TrackIR.
Charvel

Post by Charvel »

I'm afraid I'm not even going to waste the time trying for a couple reasons. One being that USB assignments are quite precarious as it is (I have and need 6 ports as it is!) and I don't think it's worthwhile having to spend an hour after playing to get things back to normal for flying. I'm already running CH control manager and the layers of complexity would just get worse with PPjoy I'm sure.

I don't believe in supporting a game that doesn't think people have more than two control ID's but that's also my own fault for not wanting to waste the time finding a way to make it work although I shouldn't have to.

Perhaps when the game comes out they will have realised this oversight and have it fixed.

So for now the new wheel sits under the desk collecting dust waiting for a racing game that works.