Enhanced TrackIR for Grand Prix Legends

howard motz

Re: Enhanced TrackIR for Grand Prix Legends

Post by howard motz »

I Keep getting black screen in GPL?? Have the last version of gplshift installed with 65 and 67 mods. Tried to follow readme insturctions. but just ended up haveing to do GoBack twice to get GPL to run again. Sure would like enhanced mode in GPL Anyone want to try and help. Like with easy to understand step by step instructions.
Also in NR2003, Have had non-inhanced mode till recently. Maybe anti spy where removed the app. that enabled mouse look. And I don't know where that app is downloadable from. The link above explaining how to get enhanced mode in NR2003 doesn't work. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated here also. Howie
howard motz

Post by howard motz »

Yes, that's what I was trying to say. I had the older verision which works. I tried the new 6.00 version which causes black screen on GPL. The installation instrutions where a little difficult for me to understand. I ran the old utility which uninstalled. Then removed all it's part's to a seperate folder. Titled it old. Unzipped the 6.00 into the gpl folder and ran it. Opened up the ini. of that app. and made all my appropriate selections includeing the one you mentioned. Tried to run game from every icon includeing Gem, orig, config. etc. nothing but black screen and message GPL is not responding.

I got the nr2003 working again with left right look. enhanced mode. Had to redo the ppjoy virtual joy stick. It stoped working? Can this have the second axis, up down look?

[ December 23, 2004, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: howie ]
JSJ

Post by JSJ »

howie,
Have you tried with the new GPLshift+ v0.60 for GPL?
http://home.tiscali.dk/7471000/

Robbo,
Just change "LookLRMaxAngle = 30" to another degree number

JSJ

[ December 23, 2004, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: JSJ ]
JSJ

Post by JSJ »

Hello howie

I have tested GPLshift+ v0.600 with GPL US & UK 1.201/1.202/Demo2004, also with GEM+2 v2.21/2.216 Carset 65/67, with almost all supports enabled in GPLshift.ini, and have no problems, so I don't understand it!

Have you still problems?

Edit: (Jan. 11) I have found error in ACT LABS 2-IN-1 Adapter Box support, (second time ) I will release a fixed v0.601 later today

Sorry for my English, I am Danish
JSJ

[ January 11, 2005, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: JSJ ]
howard motz

Post by howard motz »

sorry to get back to answer you after such a long time. I gave up on the latest GPL shift as I think it has a conflict with the 65mod? After much work I got it working for one session the next time I played it was back to the black screen. Thanks for your answer though!
If anyone else has this working with the 65mod let me know and I'll try again.
Just got 3pro & vector today and couldn't get it to work with GPL and the previous GPLShift utility.

[ January 13, 2005, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: howie ]
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

howie,

Let me have a word with Ken our resident racing guru, and see if he can test this for me.
gcooper

Post by gcooper »

thought i'de throw in "hows the NR2003 " coming along
howard motz

Post by howard motz »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JSJ:
Hello howie

I have tested GPLshift+ v0.600 with GPL US & UK 1.201/1.202/Demo2004, also with GEM+2 v2.21/2.216 Carset 65/67, with almost all supports enabled in GPLshift.ini, and have no problems, so I don't understand it!

Have you still problems?

Edit: (Jan. 11) I have found error in ACT LABS 2-IN-1 Adapter Box support, (second time ) I will release a fixed v0.601 later today

Sorry for my English, I am Danish
JSJ[/QUOTE
Sorry JSJ didn't read this post closely enough. So if you say it works I believe you and will try it with, v.601. Thanks for all you do for the racing community.
Ok, tried v.0.601. Game runs now no problem. However it won't detect Act-labs pedals, nor does this Track IR 3 Pro with latest drivers work. Tried "AUTO Detect" both before and after rebooting. Tried 1,2,3 USB Detect, none of them detected pedals either. When I press the Patch EXE it says it is successfully patching GPlexe from 12.01 to 12.02. Allshift version privious to v.600 worked when I put it in USB but not auto. I unpatched v.5 and removed all it files first then unzipped v.6.01 to GPL root folder. Ran it and it successfully patched. Any Suggestions?
I have Act-Labs Shifter and pedals combined togeather as one controller USB controller #2. Logitech DFP wheel, controller #1 Finally TrackIR3 Pro Vector expantion and latest drivers. Just thought of one more thing to try. Changeing value in GPL shift INI to recognize more then 2 controllers. "I'll beeee BACK!"
YaHoooooo that did it. combining all 16 axis as one controller at bottom of GPLshift INI.
At first the TrackIR is very Jittery, jumping all over the place. But it smooths out after a few seconds. Thankyou JESUS and JSJ and Natural Point Howie

[ January 15, 2005, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: howie ]
sp3tt3rpik

Post by sp3tt3rpik »

Hello,

I've got an other problem...

I've downloaded the GPLshift 5.9 version.

The TrackIR is installed and works perfect in the TRACKIR program (newest version)...

I'm pressing the GPL.exe button and there it comes...

GPLshift + ERROR message:
Cannot find running NaturalPoint software! It is necessary for supporting TrackIR enhanced Look L/R & LiftRightArm functions
Have you forgotton to start NaturalPoint.exe?

NOOO, I have not forgotton to start naturalpoint.exe. It's RUNNING!

Why doesn't it work?
JSJ

Post by JSJ »

Hello sp3tt3rpik

GPLshift+ v0.59 does not work with NP v4.0, So I have released update 0.60 (dec. 13, 2004)

JSJ

[ January 16, 2005, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: JSJ ]