rFactor support?

Piddy

Re: rFactor support?

Post by Piddy »

Still no sign of enhanced support?
KenStreet

Post by KenStreet »

WOW,..Christmas has been crazy around here. We became so busy that I had to build TrackIR's myself to keep up with demand. We managed to get all of them shipped just in time for placment under trees all over the world.

Many thanks to all of you die-hard race fans, you have helped make this the best Christmas ever here at NaturalPoint!

The guys at ISI are currently away for the holidays,...they have the Vector and will begin implementation very soon.

If you are intrested in helping me test both 6DOF and or 2DOF, please send me a mail to Ken@naturalPoint.com and I will shoot you a couple of files to place in your HW plugins folder in rFactor.

Thanks again, and happy new year!
Piddy

Post by Piddy »

I'm guessing after 4 months of waiting, Track-IR support for the rFactor demo is still just a "few days" away ... right?
KenStreet

Post by KenStreet »

ISI has been working very hard to complete rFactor. The team has everything they need to make it happen, and Vector support will be included in the full version release of the sim.

I spoke with Gjon(VP ISI) on last Monday, and they are planning to begin implementation very soon.

When the first demo of rFactor was released there was a .dll file that would allow for 2DOF functionality. Now that rFactor has been patched, the .dll no longer works. I will be speaking with Gjon again next week to see if he will consider reworking the .dll for the latest build, to hold us over until the Vector implementation is complete. I can make no promises, just cross your fingers with me and hope.

Sorry for all of the delays... rFactor is evolving into something more amazing each day; Vector implementation could be among the last things completed before its release.

As I am now a part of the ISI team, I will post here the moment I get any new information about the progress of TrackIR/Vector implementation.

Buckle up

Ken Street
ImageSpace Inc.
www.rfactor.net

[ March 12, 2005, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Ken Street ]
dumpeal

Post by dumpeal »

Thanks for the feedback Ken
Like you I hope that this game will be vector compatible with 6 DOF support like GTR.
I buy GTR and I will very happy to buy Rfactor too !

But just one question : Does GTR use an ISI graphic engine (because GTR files are like EA F1 files from ISI) ?
KenStreet

Post by KenStreet »

Yes dumpeal, Simbin used the ISI engine for GTR. It wasnt a tough decision for Simbin, as their amazing story began with F12002(GT2002MOD), which is also an ISI sim. GT2002 was the most amazing mod ever made for a racing game. It was only a matter of time before someone noticed the detail of their work.

ISI has a long history of great race-sims, and their best work is yet to come. EA Games had control over most everything they did in the past, but now they are on their own. No deadlines,..no one looking over their shoulders,..no one telling them how to make their games. Now that they are free,..ISI is making a race-sim for us;..and its called rFactor.

Ken Street
ImageSpace Inc.
www.rFactor.net

[ March 13, 2005, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Ken Street ]
ccc

Post by ccc »

If you are intrested in helping me test both 6DOF and or 2DOF, please send me a mail to Ken@naturalPoint.com and I will shoot you a couple of files to place in your HW plugins folder in rFactor.
hello there this might be late reply but do you still need a hand . i would like to give it a shot , it winter here so i be indoors a lot now thx
777 Burnin AVG

Post by 777 Burnin AVG »

TrackIR support in RFactor for their latest MultiPlay Demo is apparently broken. We are working with the developer to correct this. This was unknown to us until recently.

And for those that want to test TrackIR with RFactor, I'm sorry, but I do not have the files mentioned above available for testing.

Jason
Piddy

Post by Piddy »

The game is due out "soon" anyway - I've waited 7 months .. a couple more wont hurt.
ccc

Post by ccc »

tar for info it guys its that if it arnt out soon i might go pass 4ooo laps