Flatout support?

floink

Flatout support?

Post by floink »

Flatout support for the TrackIR?

I know this is not considered to be a true simulation game. But still so much fun racing. It now also can do online racing with third party applications.
KenStreet

Re: Flatout support?

Post by KenStreet »

We have this one on the list,..but its pretty far down. It would be really cool to fly thru the air while still being able to look around with the TrackIR.

Our entry into racing was a bit too late to get in on this one. I am in contact with the team and it looks good for future titles.
floink

Post by floink »

No pun intended but who are you? A track IR dev, a devoted fan or working with Bugbear or something?

Just so I know what "on the list" means in your case
KenStreet

Post by KenStreet »

I (was) developer relations for NaturalPoint (in 2004).

I cover all of Racing and First person shooter games. I have been with the company for 6 months, and have deeply entrenched myself in racing simulation. I have so many suprises in store for you race fans in 05',..wish all of these NDA's would allow me to tell you about it.

(Ken's explanation of "On the list" has been removed)
floink

Post by floink »

Sounds promising... My general feeling has been that bugbear seems gaged by Empire on doing work on or even commenting or future FlaOut patches... maybe FlatOut2?

anyways, thanks for replying...
UgUg

Post by UgUg »

So what happened with the support plans for flatout?
The game really rocks (great community for it too - they even released physics mods which enhance the game a lot) and it would be awesome if we could use TrackIR with it!

Any hacks or workarounds availlable yet?

(got my TrackIR 4 today, using it in GTR 2 and RBR )
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Hi Guncho,
I am now handling NaturalPoint's Game Developer Relations.

I'm afraid there hasn't been any progress with Bugbear.
While they do have the means to add TrackIR support, they let us know in late 2005 that they weren't planning to add it in. There was a subtle suggestion that if we had a console version of TrackIR they might be more interested.

And so, for now, support is not expected in Flatout 2.

Old comments on getting into games by any means necessary no longer apply to our approach. Apologies for any confusion/false-hopes there.

If there is any progress made on this title, I'll definitely post here in the forums.
UgUg

Post by UgUg »

Hi Warren,

thanks for your reply. Well, too bad Bugbear is not more cooperative - Flatout with TrackIR would have been a blast. Anyway - thanks for your efforts