TrackIR supported in rFactor?

Lo_Ping

Re: TrackIR supported in rFactor?

Post by Lo_Ping »

quote:Originally posted by mmed:
quote:Originally posted by Lo_Ping:
Actually it works in 3DOF (Pitch, Yaw, and Roll). I really need it to zoom in, and out, so I can get close and see the the little MFD. Maybe there is some settings in the GTL Demo .prl file we can copy over.Tried that but it didn't work. I can't even find any setting for track-ir in the .plr or .ini files.
I believe all settings for track-ir is in the plugin file TrackIRPlugin.dll

Everytime I start rFactor I have to disable and then enable hardware plugin. Not a big problem but a little anoying.There are settings for trackir in the .PRL file. They are under the "graphics" portion as follows:

Look Up/Down Angle="0.40000" (changed mine to "0.7500", can now look further up,and down)

Look Roll Angle="0.75000" (left it default)

Glance Angle="0.75000" (changed to "0.9500", can now look a little further back over shoulder)

I can't find anything different in the GTL demo PRL file. Like you said "its probably in the .DLL"

Hope that helps.
mmed

Post by mmed »

Thanks Lo_Ping, have to try that right away.
popabawa

Post by popabawa »

Not sure if I'm following this thread correctly...

Were you (the NaturalPoint guys) expecting rFactor to ship with full vector (6DOF) support?

In another thread, Ken Street stated;
"The team has everything they need to make it happen, and Vector support will be included in the full version release of the sim. "

So I'm really disappointed that it doesn't seem to be 6DOF
rodom

Post by rodom »

From what I heard is that it is supposed to be full 6DOF. I will have to speak with Eric though regarding that as he has been working with the game developers on this.
keith parsons

Post by keith parsons »

Any new info on 6DOF for rFactor and the PITA toggling to get it working at every game load?

Thanx
reddogz12

Post by reddogz12 »

hi there,
I am thinking about buying the trackir 3 pro and was wondering if the software has been updated to fully support rfactor and cure the bugs talked about in this thread?
Lo_Ping

Post by Lo_Ping »

The problem has to do with rfactor's implamentation, and not the trackir software. I'm sure it will be fixed in an rfactor update. Even as it stands, its just fine.

[ September 18, 2005, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Lo_Ping ]
keith parsons

Post by keith parsons »

The problem has to do with rfactor's implamentation, and not the trackir software. I'm sure it will be fixed in an rfactor update. Even as it stands, its just fine.Well kinda, for me it just deosn't do much even with the modified settings, thanx again BTW.

It's slow and not nearly as fluid as in GTR, a real disappointment as it works minimally at best.

[ September 24, 2005, 05:32 AM: Message edited by: kparsons ]
RacerAlex

Post by RacerAlex »

True, TrackIR doesn't have full 6DOF in rFactor, but I'm fine with what I do get in the sim. I'm even OK with the Hardware Plug-in enable/disable thing by now.

Question is: Isn't it time for an rFactor section here. C'mon guys... create an rFactor section.

[ September 24, 2005, 06:18 AM: Message edited by: RacerAlex ]
mmed

Post by mmed »

quote:Originally posted by kparsons:
The problem has to do with rfactor's implamentation, and not the trackir software. I'm sure it will be fixed in an rfactor update. Even as it stands, its just fine.Well kinda, for me it just deosn't do much even with the modified settings, thanx again BTW.

It's slow and not nearly as fluid as in GTR, a real disappointment as it works minimally at best.I don't have that problem at all. Feels as fast as GTR for me.