Test Drive -=Unlimited=-

Bran

Test Drive -=Unlimited=-

Post by Bran »

Hi,

after seeing several infos throughout the year 2005, I am totally upset, what Eden Games (ATARI) are creating:

These guys devoloped Need for Speed Porsche (at least for the PS) and are creating an online (and offline) supercars simulation (it won't be a ... ... arcade racer like NFS most wanted)

The site is now online with more infos, screenshots, videos (although the latest one i have seen is still not there).

But look for yourself:
www.testdriveunlimited.com

I know you guys will be as upset as I am.
- a simulation style racer, set on Hawaii
- more than thousand miles to drive
- more than 125 photorealistic high-polygon cars (licensed!)
- even motorbikes
- Tuning...etc, etc, etc.........etc
AND...tada
- HIGHLY DETAILED COCKPITS and high-polygon interiors, which are fully functional
(like horns, whipers, radios, etc etc)

Coming for XBOX360, but the developers said on the Leipzig Games Convention, that they will come up with a PC-version later. Release date: Early 2006 XBOX360 -- PC-Version summer 2006 , let us hope the best. A link to an interview, where that was said (in German only)
www.speedmaniacs.de/news.html?id=1506

Now my request:
This game shouts for a TrackiR support! I think it is still time enough, to get in contact with the developers, to convince them, that if a PC-version is coming, TrackiR support would highly add value to that game!

(I guess, you guys have already contacted them) -- Look at screenshots, picture # 30 on their official testdrive unlimited site...an inside cockpit view, where the view seems to follow the ahead racing opponent...looks like the devs are already using TrackiR

[ November 23, 2005, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: Bran ]
Bran

Re: Test Drive -=Unlimited=-

Post by Bran »

/bump

still scheduled for June 2006 (PC)
Bran

Post by Bran »

/bump

source: PC-Games (german mag)

"Test Drive Unlimited
PC-Version ist offiziell
10.02.2006 09:04 Uhr - Atari best�tigte in einem Absatz des aktuellen Gesch�ftsberichts erstmals eine PC-Version von Test Drive Unlimited. ..."

---translation---

...Atari confirms a PC-version of Test Drive unlimited in a paragraph of their latest business report...
---------------------------------------------------------

TEST DRIVE unlimited will be released for PC, finally. Hurray ("keeping fingers crossed" )
Jim

Post by Jim »

Thanks for this info, we are on it!
rodom

Post by rodom »

Looks awesome!
kevin

Post by kevin »

Hello Bran,

Thank you very much for your post. We are always looking for new titles that need to be TrackIR enhanced.

We are very interested in providing support for TrackIR in as many games as possible. There are people working here who are dedicated to finding new games, contacting developers and supporting development efforts.

However, we can always use the help of the TrackIR community. If you or anyone are aware of potential developer contacts, willing developers, or games that we need to focus on we would be very happy to learn of them. Please do not be afraid to email the developers, press contacts, etc�, and let them know that you exist and that there is indeed a demand for their game to be TrackIR enhanced.

In the mean time we will definitely look in to this game.

[ February 13, 2006, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Kevin ]
Bran

Post by Bran »

Thank you guys!

despite the rumors about Atari, there is again a huge exclusive interview with the producer Ahmed Boukhelifa from Eden Games/Atari on PC-Games (german mag)

http://www.pcgames.de/?article_id=454362&page=1

My digest:

..."Test Drive Unlimited's handling will be something between Gran Turismo and Gotham Racing"...

..."real cars with realistic physics"...

..."easy to learn, but difficult to master." ...

...we had to program two different serversystems for the PC and the Xbox360"...

PC Games: How does the PC- and the Xbox360-version differ?
Boukhelifa: "Concerning the content, there will be no differences, however optical differences will depend on the individual system's performance.

...if that isn't another clear statement that a PC version is on its way...
Bran

Post by Bran »

/bump

Some new screenshots...including a new cockpit view.

http://www.pcgames.de/?menu=browser&mod ... 6520&entit y_id=-1&image_id=499240&page=1

Hope to see some licensed Porsche in the final game

[ March 09, 2006, 07:08 AM: Message edited by: Bran ]
rodom

Post by rodom »

wow those screen shots are amazing. Can't wait to try it.
Bran

Post by Bran »

/bump

2 german magazines state, that TDU XBOX360 will be released in Summer as scheduled, and PC-version delays for fall this year.

And some new screenshots, this time some new motobikes shots...yes motobikes. You can drive them in TDU, too, even in "cockpit"-view.

http://www.gamestar.de/aktuell/screensh ... eryId=1372