TrackIR Carrera Super Cup using rFactor

RacerAlex

TrackIR Carrera Super Cup using rFactor

Post by RacerAlex »

RacerAlex.com, AutoSimSport and NaturalPoint have teamed up to present the TrackIR Carrera Super Cup. The TrackIR Carrera Super Cup will feature the PCC'05 Porsches battling at Orchard Lake Speedway roadcourse on February 25th and 26th. This is a weekend long racing event with the main winner taking home a brand new TrackIR 4:PRO.

R.A.C.E.R. stands for Regulated Association of Championship Electronic Racers. We are a licensed online racing association running under FILSCA sanctioning. Licensing is free and our events feature innovations like real-time live corner marshalling and Teamspeak-based real time communications.

Here are some of the comments from our drivers following our January event:

"Everyone did a great job in Heat 2 and it was as close to the real thing as I have ever been involoved in. For those of us who never have had the chance to race anything in RL this means a lot. Thanks Eric, Gonzo and all others at Race Control for everything so far. Absolutely historic folks!"

"I'm looking forward to the Pre-Main Sunday as this was very professional and quite enjoyable. I'd like to thank RacerAlex and everyone else involved for all their hard work in setting up a venue that I'm sure will grow quickly. I'm glad to have had the opportunity to be in the first event."

"Awesome Organization and Execution!!"

"Thanks to all of you who put this thing together! Never thought I'd see this kind of organization where so many people are involved on the internet. Awesome!"

For more info on our program: http://raceralex.com

For news, rules, and a glimpse at our forums: http://raceralex.com/Drivers/index.php

[ January 31, 2006, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: RacerAlex ]
RacerAlex

Re: TrackIR Carrera Super Cup using rFactor

Post by RacerAlex »

Orchard Lake Speedway - February 25th 2006

Day one of competition in the the TrackIR Carrera Super Cup concluded at 6:00pm EST today. The drivers of R.A.C.E.R. did an exceptional job all day long. Each race featured a rolling start, the first in R.A.C.E.R. history. And once again the drivers got through each of them without inncedent. The finishing rates were staggering: 4 races, 43 drivers and only four non-finishers. In fact, the final two races of the day saw everyone who started the race - finish. No small feat considering the complexities of the Porsche PCC'05 cars.

By the end of the day, 12 drivers had moved into Sundays main event, the TrackIR Carrera Super Cup. The winner of this event will get a TrackIR 4:PRO provided by NaturalPoint. Each of the 4 race winners today won thier choice of a TrackIR hat or T-shirt. Those winners were:

Alex Henriques (Heat 1)
Martin Gjerde (Heat 2)
David Greco (Heat 3)
Charlie Bonsall (Last Chance Shoot-out)

Finishers to advance into the Main event tomorrow at 2:00pm EST are:
Guillermo Albertengo (R) - Argentina - Logitech/Intel/ATI
Juan Diego Bar (R) - Argentina - Logitech/AMD/Nvidia
Jay Boving (R) - Australia - Logitech/AMD/ATI
Fernando Deutsch (R) - Mexico - Logitech/AMD/Nvidia
Martin Gjerde (C) - Sweden - Logitech/Intel/ATI
David Greco (R) - Italy - Logitech-ECCI/AMD/NVidia
Alex Henriquez (R) - Spain - Logitech/AMD/Nvidia
Michael Muldoon - Canada - Logitech/Intel/ATI
Sixto Nicolas Pablo (R) - Argentina - Logitech/AMD/Nvidia
Martin Steinmetz (R) - Germany - Logitech/AMD/ATI
Scott Warren - United States - Thomas/Intel/ATI
Kyle Williams (R) - Great Britain - Logitech/AMD/Nvidia

Finishers advanced to the B-main* event tomorrow at 11:00am EST are:
Charlie Bonsall - United States - ECCI/AMD/NVidia
Chris Camps - United States - Logitech/Intel/ATI
Craig Chester - United States - Logitech/Intel/ATI
Hubert Cheyroux - Canada - Microsoft/Intel/Nvidia
Bill Creasman - United States - Logitech/Intel/ATI
Rich Dozier (R) - United Stated - Microsoft/AMD/Nvidia
Bob Dunlop (R) - United States - ECCI/Intel/ATI
Don Fryman (R) - United States - ECCI/Intel/Nvidia
Theo Gort (R) - Holland - Thrustmaster/AMD/Invidia
Vance Hone - Canada - Logitech/AMD/Nvidia
Scott Juliano - United States - Logitech/Intel/ATI
Russell Keating - United States - Logitech/Intel/Nvidia
Stefan Miller (R) - Canada - Logitech/AMD/Nvidia
Claro Palma - United States - Logitech/Intel/ATI
Henry Pinasky - Spain - Logitech/AMD/Nvidia
Ray Schiller - Australia - Logitech/Intel/Nvidia
Jonas Steffens - Germany - Logitech/AMD/ATI
Tom Thomas - United States - ECCI/Intel/ATI
Enzo Trede (R) - Germany - Logitech/AMD/Nvidia
Sheldon Whitty - United States - Logitech/AMD/ATI
Pete Young - Canada - Logitech/Intel/ATI
Rik Zeppelin (R) - United States - Logitech/AMD/NVida

*Top 12 B-main finishers advance to the TrackIR Carrera Super Cup main event.

R.A.C.E.R. stands for Regulated Association of Championship Electronic Racers. We are a licensed online racing association running under FILSCA sanctioning. Licensing is free and our events feature innovations like real-time live corner marshalling and Teamspeak-based real time communications.

Here are some comments from some of our RACERs following todays activities:

Alex Henriquez - "I have no words to thank you all, organization and racers, wonderful job everyone... This is the closest it can be to real racing! Too addictive!"

Bob Dunlop - "I've been doing this for awhile and I must say this is the most organized event I have ever seen or been a part of. Thank you all very much for putting this racing event on. I am thoroughly enjoying myself."

Mark Pearce - "Thanks to Eric, Gonzo and everyone in Race Control, that was the first real online race I've taken part in and it was awesome, well done everyone, can't wait for the next one."

For more info on our program: http://raceralex.com

For news, rules, and a glimpse at our forums: http://raceralex.com/Drivers/index.php
RacerAlex

Re: TrackIR Carrera Super Cup using rFactor

Post by RacerAlex »

Martin Gjerde Wins the TrackIR Carrera Super Cup.
Orchard Lake Speedway - February 26th 2006

Martin Gjerde defied the odds today to claim his second event championship in as many events. Gjerde drove a perfect race to beat pole sitter David Greco to the line by just over two seconds. The final 10 laps of the race saw Greco close the gap to as little as half a second, but Gjerde held position under great pressure to pull off the win. For doing so, NaturalPoint will award Gjerde a brand new, state-of-the-art TrackIR 4:PRO head tracking system.

David Greco showed incredible pace all weekend, nailing sub-1:20 sec laps in both days that he ran. He ran a strong race but could not get past the RacerAlex Cup champion after running wide at the race start and losing the lead.

Alex Henriquez rounded out the podium finishers.

The day was certainly not without its share of drama from the start. After five earlier weekend races went without a hitch, the main had a minor accident on the pace lap leading up to the rolling start. Scott Juliano tagged the car ahead of Kyle Williams and the resulting incident caused stop and go penalties for at least five drivers including Juliano. The race was allowed to start and this became a hot topic in the post race debrief.

Despite this shakey beginning to the main, drivers got on with the business of tackling the Orchard Lake Road Course with their PCC'05 Porsche GT-3 cup cars. After a gruelling day (drivers running the morning's B-main raced for close to six hours) the results were impressive: 32 drivers, 70 racing laps, only 3 retirements!

2006 TrackIR Carrera Super Cup - Finishing order* (54 Laps)
1 (2) Martin Gjerde (heat 2 winner - TrackIR Carrera Super Cup Champion)
2 (1) David Greco (heat 3 winner)
3 (5) Alex Henriquez (heat 1 winner)
4 (6) Fernando Deutsch
5 (4) Martin Steinmetz
6 (3) Juan Diego Bar
7 (17) Stefan Miller
8 (9) Guillermo Albertengo
9 (14) Bob Dunlop
10 (12) Scott Warren
11 (7) Jonas Steffens (B-Main winner)
12 (11) Scott Juliano
13 (10) Kyle Williams
14 (8) Sixto Nicolas Pablo
15 (15) Rik Zeppelin
16 (19) Ray Schiller
17 (22) Rich Dozier
18 (20) Charlie Bonsall (Last Chance Shoot-out winner)
19 (16) Don Fryman
20 (13) Michael Muldoon
21 (21) Craig Chester
22 (18) Hubert Cheyroux

*all results unofficial

As Always, RACER wishes to thank our sponsors, NaturalPoint, and AutoSimSport as well as FILSCA the International Association of Autoracing Simulation Leagues.

For more detailed finishing statistics, as well as rFactor race replays, visit http://raceralex.com and look in Events -> Archives -> TrackIR Carrera Super Cup.