TrackIR5 stops working in RaceRoom 2020

x2611

TrackIR5 stops working in RaceRoom 2020

Post by x2611 »

Hi,

TrackIR5 stops working in RaceRoom.

Both lights are green and works fine while sitting in pit. As soon as you start moving the lights turn orange and stops working. TrackIR5 hangs.

Restart R3E and TrackIR5, both lights are green and works while sitting in pit. As soon as you start moving lights turn orange and stops working. TrackIR5 hangs.

Everything is up to date.
W7 64, 8GB, GTX 750Ti

Thx.
X.
joe.lee

Re: TrackIR5 stops working in RaceRoom 2020

Post by joe.lee »

Hello X,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this.

If both of the LEDs are lighting up Orange, it means TrackIR has switched into the pause-mode.
The hotkey to pause TIR is F9 by default. Are you using this hotkey in the game by any chance?
If so, you can change the hotkey from the TrackIR program, by clicking on the following icon while "paused" is selected in the dropdown menu:
2020-02-03 11_04_19-TrackIR 5.4.png
2020-02-03 11_04_19-TrackIR 5.4.png (11.41 KiB) Viewed 7920 times
You can click on this and change the hotkey, or you can also disable the pause hotkey completely from the enable box right next to it.

Please try changing or disabling the pause hotkey and if it resolves the issue for you.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
NaturalPoint | Customer Support
x2611

Post by x2611 »

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for the reply. I am not pressing any buttons when pulling out of the pit area except pushing the gas pedal and turning the wheel (G27).
It just crashes as soon as I start moving. It does not seem to be a pause issue because TIR5 will only come back online if I Task kill it with taskmgr.

TIR5 works perfect in Assetto Corsa, Elite Dangerous and DCS. I have rFactor2 also but that sim is not supported so I can't try it there.

Thx.
X.
joe.lee

Post by joe.lee »

Hello,

Thank you for the update on this.

If this is happening only with RaceRoom but not in other games/simulations, then it might be related to how our SDK is integrated into RaceRoom.
The orange LED (both), still is probably an indicator that the TIR has entered a paused-state. Have you tried disabling this hotkey from TrackIR software? That might fix the problem. If that still happens, I would suggest contacting their support on this and see if this is something that needs to be fixed on the client-side.

Regards,
NaturalPoint | Customer Support
x2611

Post by x2611 »

Hi Joseph,

I don't have a Pause hotkey set for my racing profile only a Center. Anyway, you may be right, it could be a R3E issue. It does work fine with everything else. I'll go poke around on their forum.

Thanks for taking the time to help out. I got TrackIR5 for Christmas and I'm really enjoying it. VR and all of it's overhead are out of reach for a while, but I do have a giant TV to play on so I'm not missing out on much, thanks to TIR5. :lol:

Cheers,
Pete
farare

Post by farare »

x2611 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:47 am Hello Joseph,

Thank you for the reply. I am not pressing any buttons when pulling out of the pit area except pushing the gas pedal and turning the wheel (G27).
It just crashes as soon as I start moving. It does not seem to be a pause issue because TIR5 will only come back online if I Task kill it with taskmgr.

TIR5 works perfect in Assetto Corsa, Elite Dangerous and DCS. I have rFactor2 also but that sim is not supported so I can't try it there.

Thx.
X.
Regularly monitor the performance of the system to identify any bottlenecks or resource constraints that may be causing the timeout.
Last edited by jillian.smythe on Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing hidden link