GTR & Vector Expansion?

yerodin

Re: GTR & Vector Expansion?

Post by yerodin »

Now wouldn't that be an awesome line for an advertisment?

"Our new Vector Expansion improves your Sex Life by up to 36 percent"

Sorry, just couldn't resist!

[ December 23, 2004, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: yerodin ]
Thomas H

Post by Thomas H »

I joined a german server last night. The track was Anderstorp and it was 22 GT cars and a single GT3 Porsche on the grid, mine...

Qualifying went pretty good but the lack of horsepower forced me to use my mirrors all around the track and especially into the brakingzones. I don't know how I'd survive without Vector.

To be able to keep up with the more powerful GT cars, I have to brake very late and focusing on not to rearend cars in front of me, and at the same time keep track of what is going on behind me. Them Saleen's and Maranello's fly on the straights, I can tell you that.

A quick check in the mirror during braking is easy as a cake with the TIR3/Vector combo.

The great thing about the Vector is that after a while, everything feels perfectly natural when using it. You can focus on where to take your apex simply by looking at it. Having control of what's going on behind you is easy and hazzlefree.

The VE's so great in GTR that I haven't had time to try it in PF yet.

If we only could lean into the turns...

Thomas
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Great posts, I want to read more about the girl! No, really, I do.

We will get in touch with SimBin about the roll request. I am after them to put full 6DOF in, but they said it wouldn't be realistic. I say B.S. It would be awesome to be able to just move your head the smallest amount in pure translation, to add the effect of really being there. More later.
Barr3d

Post by Barr3d »

At the moment I am only running the Official Demo as I am waiting for my copy to arrive from Germany. So this problem might be related to the Demo only, when I exit the Demo I get an Unhandled Error in the 4.020 drivers (I am using the Vector).

In the demo the extra precision and centering accuratcy really transform GTR. It is like comparing the TIR3Pro against the TIR1 again.