Vector expansion jerky

marcel72

Vector expansion jerky

Post by marcel72 »

Hello,

I have received my Vector-Expansion, but i can't 'drive' with it...

I've installed the latest TrackIr 4.0.0.20 software and all seems fine when in the profiler. The 'heads' preview looks smooth.

But when i start GTR (updated version 1.2.1.0) the movement is jumping all over the place. I can't get it smooth.

Even when i remove the Vector and switch to tracking 'DOT', it is not smooth. With the 'old' software version 3.x i've had zero problems.

Is it the new 4.0.0.20 thats causing problems with GTR or is it the new GTR 1.2?

Does somebody have a good working GTR-profile for me, for use with Vector? Or another good tip to get smooth viewing.

For now, its racing with TrackIr disabled :-((
Wayne

Re: Vector expansion jerky

Post by Wayne »

It sounds like you just need a good profile. Drop me a quick e-mail and lets see what a good profile will do for you.
marcel72

Post by marcel72 »

Hello Wayne,

I've just send you a email.

Hope you have a good profile for me.
I've played with the profile-settings myself, but... no go :-(

Marcel
Barr3d

Post by Barr3d »

Marcel, I know that Wayne has been in touch, but a quick question.

Are you running the TIR and (I presume) a wheel on the same hub?

I had a very simular problem with my old TIR1 when running IL2, it turns out that the TIR and my Cougar were on the same USB port via a powered HUB. I found that moving the TIR over to a different port removed the jerkiness. So I can only presume that the 2 devices were sending too much data through the USB port for it to handle and some thing suffered, I believe the Cougar was being given priority over the TIR.

Good Luck
Barred

[ December 30, 2004, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: Barr3d ]
nevada

Post by nevada »

Hi guys. I have the same problem as Marcel.
I use only usb port on the motherboard.
If someone have some trick or solution... please help me too!!!

Thanks.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Nevada, I do not know how you have it set up, so if I am covering what you already have sorry

This is how I have set mine up and it is working fine in GTR (fully patched release).

Driver set up.
Unplug the TIR
Uninstall driver with add/remove programs and then delete the NaturalPoint/TrackIR4 folder on C:/Programs.
Reboot.
Install the latest driver for your version form the NP Site.

Plug in the TIR and let the Find HardWare wizard do it's thing.

Sensor position.
If it is a TIR1 or 2 then I found the best distance is about 14" and about 2" above the reflector (dot) the scanning speed is a fair bit slower and Ver4 drivers will not work with it.

If it is a TIR 3/Pro I have the distance at about 30-36 " and about 2-3" above the highest reflector.

If you are using a Vector with the Trackcap either change to a cap with a straighter bill or cover the reflector on the hat.

Position the sensor so that the dot/s are as horizontal as possible and that it/they are centred but moving the sensor whilst you are in your normal position.

I am running the TIR3Pro with the 4.21 Beta driver and the Vector and I am not having any problems in GTR. I am using the default settings with the Vector 6DOF.

Good Luck
Nobsi

Post by Nobsi »

Hi all,
I have GTR patched to newest version and TrackIR software version 4.21 and it works perfectly! To be exact, GTR + TrackIR with vector extension + 3D shutterglasses is the very best racing experience I ever had.

One problem I initially discovered was that I had modified my game .PLR file and changed the parameter "High Process Priority" to 1 to get a better framerate. This definitively causes big problems with TrackIR and should be set to the default value of 0.
Also the default GTR profile works great for me!