TrackIR not working properly in GTR :(

popabawa

TrackIR not working properly in GTR :(

Post by popabawa »

Hi,

Just got my TrackIR plus Vector enhancement but I'm having a problem with GTR...

It works PERFECTLY in 'Live for Speed' but is not working properly in GTR.

(in the TrackIR software everything looks OK too so it seems to be a GTR-only problem, I don't have any other titles to test it with)

When I get to the cockpit view, when looking around, the viewpoint updates itself only every 4-5 secords or so. I'm getting about 60fps and the graphics are smooth, if I keep my head still and drive, everything looks 'normal', i.e. the display is perfectly smooth, it's only the movement of the TrackIR that is updating infrequently.

I've tried using 'vector' and 'dot' tracking and using exclusive mode but no difference in changing these.

I have the TrackIR plugged directly into the PC (i.e. not in a hub).

I have noticed though that the green light at the top of the TrackIR intermittently turns off for a few seconds in GTR (the blue light remains on all the time). It DOES NOT do this in 'Live for Speed' or just testing in the TrackIR software.

I'm using v4.0.021 on XP (SP2).

ADDED: I'm using the full retail 1.3 release of GTR.

Any ideas?

I really only bought it for GTR...

UPDATE: tried the beta drivers 4.0.024 which seemed to make things slightly worse. I've also tried using other USB ports but no difference

Thanks, Iain.

[ April 13, 2005, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: popabawa ]
popabawa

Re: TrackIR not working properly in GTR :(

Post by popabawa »

SOLVED.

In desparation, a full re-format and re-install did the trick. Bit drastic but hey, it worked.

Iain.
warrenEBB

Re: TrackIR not working properly in GTR :(

Post by warrenEBB »

thanks for reporting this issue, popabaws.
and i'm glad you were able to fix.

i will make sure our tech support personnel are informed of this thread.