New Demo

mmed

New Demo

Post by mmed »

6DOF is working in the new demo.
The handling of the car is much better than in the old demo. I'm really looking forward to this game.
Piddy

Re: New Demo

Post by Piddy »

I didn't realise it was supported by this game. I wasn't going to bother with this demo but I might now.
Barred

Post by Barred »

I had a look and just might give it a go, especially as I enjoyed 1nsane.
777 Burnin AVG

Post by 777 Burnin AVG »

Cross Racing Championship and TrackIR go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly! This race game is too much fun. Run a race and watch it in replay mode. Look at the driver...his head moves with the TrackIR! Amazing!

Invictus should be commended on their hard work.

I showed this title at E3. Everyone had a blast driving it.

Jason
Piddy

Post by Piddy »

Fun is obviously a personal thing because I hated the demo ... and I don't use the word hate much.

Guess I expect too much these days after RBR set such a high standard.
Lo_Ping

Post by Lo_Ping »

I just recieved my copy from gogamer.com, and I have to say its a very good game, with great graphics/controls/physics. The TrackIR works amazing in this game. If your only taste of this game was from the alpha demo, I would suggest you at leaste give the second demo a try, as the controls are totally redone. The alpha demo was nearly uncontrollable for me. Great Game...Out!
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

Okay have played this game some now. That mouse gear shift though utter useless was a funny idea though .

As for physics though I am primarily a sim guy I have no problem with arcade physics when done right. Like in Flat Out. From the demo I just downloaded the physics in CRC can�t compete at all.

There was a millions way of setting up your wheel so don�t know if my settings was wrong. Tried to disable all steering help and running as linear as possible but some settings I couldn�t understand what they would do.

I have a MOMO Force but am getting a DFP also so if anyone have good settings for these wheels I will give the demo a second try.

As for TrackIR it wasn�t of much use in this game because of the tracks I ran was so narrow and the physics so weird no way you can use real world driving techniques. I felt more like a slugger or wrestler out there. Cars oversteering like maniac.

As for the visuals it was good and bad. The noise effect what is that good for???? Motion blur did nothing but disorient me either. Sound was quite crappy done. Car sounds and speech of course.

I would suggest buying Flat Out instead of this if you want some good arcade fun and RBR of course for the sim part. Rfactor looks pretty cool as well from playing the demo and there is of course the TrackIR king of the hill GTR to try out .

But give me some decent controller set ups if anyone have managed to figure it all out. If the full game is out somebody perhaps has a manual or better momo settings to share?