Latence Probleme

dumpeal

Latence Probleme

Post by dumpeal »

Hi everybody

I have some latence problem with this game in fact the game answer with the track ir is too slow.
Let me explain to you what about it : when I play that game with my Tir 3 pro and vector There are some late between the moment you turn your head and when you characters turn his head (the latence in french I don't know the word in english).
But when I play Richard burn GTR Lockon FC the answer Look like real time with the moment I turn my head and when my caracters turn his head in the game.

my PC
P4 3.20 ghz DDR PC3200 2048 mo
Nvidia 6800 ultra 256 mb
Bran

Re: Latence Probleme

Post by Bran »

Hi Dumpeal,

I am having similar problems with CRC. I need to minimize almost any setting at a 1280x1024 resolution to get a smooth driving. Needless to say that TiR response is as choppy as the driving.
BTW: 2x 3GHz Xeon with Hyperthreading (12GHz virtually ); 256MB Radeon; 2GB dual channel RAM
--> This lets any (ah sorry) ALMOST ANY game with maxed settings run smoothly.

The self-centering of CRC (there are no in-game settings for TiR) makes additional trouble. Not that head turning is choppy, but every 2 seconds it centers, which makes driving (almost impossible).
BTW: No such (or bigger) problems with TiR in any other game, so i guess it is somehow a config or a game code problem. Invictus has no patch in the pipeline so far.
Bran

Post by Bran »

It's me again,

there is a patch out for CRC, with tons of new stuff (cars and courses, 31MB) and an update of the CRC .exe-file. It is now version 1.2.3 and seems to have solved some of my problems.
The main reason for the bad frame rates was: No, not the graphics card, but the sound card. My SB Audigy 2 seems to slow down the whole game when using 3D hardware sound. I reduced it to 2D hardware sound and the game gained a lot of frames .
Additionally i recommend for radeon cards (everything below X1k radeons): Switch off HDR and motion blur (and if still frames are needed, switch off AA).
So the games runs acceptable smooth now (still could be better @1280x1024, all maxed).
TiR problems seems to be still there. Ok, it isn't as choppy as before, but there seems to be a self-centering bug, which switches off the TiR3 pro every 5 seconds, the game centers the TiR view and then switches the TiR on again. I tried different settings and different distances to the device...was not really successfull. So if anybody has a clue, I would be thankfull.

BTW: The CRC patch is only available through the Invictus Live updater, which can be get at the invictus-site!
rodom

Post by rodom »

Thanks for the tip Bran. I'll post the patch information in a sticky at the top of this forum.
Bran

Post by Bran »

It was pleasure

BTW: My choppy self centering problem with CRC and TiR is solved!
Sorry to say, but your NaturalPoint BaseCap was the trouble maker

It seems, that the front reflector on the cap interferes with the vector clip (at least in this game, when certain luminosities occur, futhermore I tried a lot of different settings and distances, and found an optimal one for that game, but the self centering problem was only reduced but not solved). That was new to me, in case that this a well known fact

I used another cap and...tadaaa...works like a charm now:D

1. Apply the patch 1.2.3 (seems very beneficial according to gameplay and frames)
2. Adjust the settings according to your hardware (3D sound still seems to be a major frame costing factor)
3. Adjust the TiR distance AND angle (only if necessary)
4. Check the TiR tracking view, if there are any disturbing reflections due to certain luminosities)
4. Use a neutral base cap with the vector clip

--> That was my workaround!

[ October 19, 2005, 06:24 AM: Message edited by: Bran ]
rodom

Post by rodom »

Ahh.. Sometimes I use black tape to cover the reflector on the cap and that helps too but using another hat is best.

Thanks again for the tip!