GTR2 - how to enable TrackIR?

horrgakx

GTR2 - how to enable TrackIR?

Post by horrgakx »

Guys, in the full version of GTR2 (NOT the Demo), how do I enable the TrackIR?

I've not got any movement in the cockpit. The TrackIR prog is running and working. It works fine in FS2004, not GTR2.

I see there is a "TrackIR Reset" key map within the game so it must be supported...?!

Mouse-Look works but TrackIR doesn't.

Any ideas please?
VincentG

Re: GTR2 - how to enable TrackIR?

Post by VincentG »

Is the game listed on the Profiles page of the TrackIR software?

If not, go to the Help menu, and under there Select "Check for Game Updates...."
horrgakx

Post by horrgakx »

Yeh it is. But all a profile does is enable/disable axis and sensitivity etc... ie. give you preferences tailored for a game. Isn't it?

It 'should' work with any game and any profile combination (for example I can load up FS2004 with a different TrackIR profile and it still works, just not to my preferences).
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Yea, you can force to load any profile you want, but a good check to see if the game is loading properly, is to see if it loads the default profile on the main window of the TrackIR software.
horrgakx

Post by horrgakx »

Yeh everything seems fine. It works well in FS2004 but GTR2 doesn't seem to "pick it up".

Should it work without doing anything or do you have to enable it in-game?

Dave
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

There really is no setting to install, it just functions. Have you reinstalled the TrackIR software, or reinstalled GTR2?
horrgakx

Post by horrgakx »

The TrackIR software (inc. vector expansion pack) has been reinstalled very recently along with a fresh WinXP Pro install after a hard drive crash. GTR2 was installed 2 days ago.

Dave
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Very strange, I just did a clean install of GTR2, load the TrackIR software, loaded GTR2, started a race, and it worked fine. Blue light and all. Have you made any changes to the default key settings in the game, i.e. mapped anything to F8, F9, or F12. (default TrackIR key settings)
horrgakx

Post by horrgakx »

I've not made any changes to the game's setup at all (except map the wheel, but that has its own buttons).
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

So , when you start the game, the blue TrackIR light comes on, and if you hit the F9 key, a little orange light comes on, indicating the TrackIR is pausing.