Precision setting.

Karppa

Precision setting.

Post by Karppa »

I bought trackir 4 Pro a week ago and had tremendous problems getting used to it. I move my head all over the place when playing, well actually my whole body so you can imagine how erratic the view in an action packed racing sim can get with trackir.

I was almost ready to give up on trackir in GTR 2 when I accidentally hit F8 (when trying to switch it off with F9) and was amazed how natural it suddenly felt. Now I could suddenly drive smooth and safe again and my view still moved but with control! And my lap times were suddenly normal beacuse I could actually concentrate on driving when the view was so much more stable!

At this time I didn't yet fully realize that trackir was actually still on even though my view seemed to go where I wanted to when turning into turns etc until I noticed that the orange light wasn't on. After looking into this a bit I found the F8 shortcut in trackir and realized what I had done.

Is there a way to make the precision setting enabled as default in a profile? No big deal to turn it on manually but it would be nice to also be able to fine tune this setting a bit, maybe even in real time beacuse it might be slightly too slow in some situations... The smoothing setting range isn't enough, atleast not for my shaky head
VincentG

Re: Precision setting.

Post by VincentG »

The Precision Hotkey enables Precision mode which temporarily makes the view steadier by increasing the amount of smoothing that is used, when Precision mode is disabled again the smoothing returns to the normal amount for the profile. This is commonly used in combat flight simulators when tracking an enemy in your sights to keep the view as stable as possible.

You can adjust the smoothness setting in the game profiles, just edit the racing profile, the adjusting the smoothness slider at the bottom of the motion tab.
Doberman

Post by Doberman »

The Precision Hotkey enables Precision mode which temporarily makes the view steadier by increasing the amount of smoothing that is used, when Precision mode is disabled again the smoothing returns to the normal amount for the profile. This is commonly used in combat flight simulators when tracking an enemy in your sights to keep the view as stable as possible.

You can adjust the smoothness setting in the game profiles, just edit the racing profile, the adjusting the smoothness slider at the bottom of the motion tab.
This isn't actually an answer to his question. He's already figured this all out.

The poster wants to know if there's a way to set "precision mode" to ON by default in a profile. So that when he loads his game, the TrackIR will automatically go into precision mode.

AFAIK, the answer is "no" but that would be better answered by someone more knowledgable than myself. And if the answer is "no" that's something to maybe take a look at for the next patch.

D
Karppa

Post by Karppa »

Yup, I already had that figured out as Doberman pointed out.

Hopefully the range of smoothness will be increased in a future version.

Also the possibility to adjust this setting during gameplay without the need to exit the game would be of great help too, especially during online games.

Anyway, thx for replies.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

I will pass on the info to the development team.