Test Drive Unlimited Beta is Out!

MaXThReAT

Re: Test Drive Unlimited Beta is Out!

Post by MaXThReAT »

Hey, so at this point I think we're just waiting on the profile and/or software update. I think at most what we'll see is 4DOF, the rest is just is not coded in to the game. Yaw, pitch, Y and Z are there. If the in car avatar(model) moves when the seat Y & Z (forward and back and height) is adj it may provide for the Y & Z. Weather or not movement on these axis is allowed while driving is the question but it would require some additional coding by the devs for sure. The entire seat would need to slide up and down and back and forth while driving. I think this would be the easiest way for the extra 2DOF. We'll see what you guys come up with.
magicfr

Post by magicfr »

hi guys,

1st, yeah, rolling could be technicaly and logicaly done. But we dont have time to spent on coding new features
Beta mean, NO NEW FEATURE, only debuging works.
So, 3DOF will have to wait for TDU-2

cheers,
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

I have released the game profile publicly, so you will just need to update the games list to get support for TDU in the beta download.
MaXThReAT

Post by MaXThReAT »

You guys are great as usual. DL and it works perfect. This is a pretty killer game with TrackIR.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Good news, and glad to hear it is working great........
Bran

Post by Bran »

I would like to test the beta, but not willing to pay a monthly fee and then "hope" to get a beta key.

I go for the final product. You beta testers should better do a good job.

So happy testing...cheers
Bran

P.S.: Thanks for picking up and commenting our thoughts so quickly, magicfr. TDU2? ...I remember "Testdrive 2 - The Duell". They had such great add-ons like "Euro-challenge" and "muscle cars...