Test Drive Unlimited (+trouble shooting guide)

Bran

Test Drive Unlimited (+trouble shooting guide)

Post by Bran »

Hi everyone,

I tested the final product for a few hours. I knew it all the time: http://forum.naturalpoint.com/showflat. ... 0#Post7614

Absolutely amazing!

Now to the technical part:

1.) TrackIR works absolutely flawless. Don't forget to check for updates within your TrackIR software first!
It supports 2DOF.

2.) Problems with TDU not loading/starting?
In my case it was my MS gamevoice usb device. After unplugging it, TDU started. Others may say unplug all usb devices, but I did not need to do that.

3.) Problems with TDU stuttering in game every 3 seconds/laggy/bad fps?
In my case, I have a high-end computer and that stuttering made the game impossible to play. It was obvious that it was not due to missing hardware power, because it ran flawless with max settings (1280+4xAA+HDR+high details)for like 3 seconds-stopped-stuttered-run again ....and that all over and over again.
Solution: I had 2 Microsoft game controller devices plugged into USB ports. A FFB Wheel & a FFB Sidewinder Joystick. I only needed to unplug one of them and then the stuttering bug was gone! Simple solution!

And hey..now TDU is enjoyable for me. TOOK ONLY HOURS TO FIGURE OUT THE SOLUTIONS
VincentG

Re: Test Drive Unlimited (+trouble shooting guide)

Post by VincentG »

Excellent, I will have to download and install it, once my testing system gets back from GDC.

Bran

Post by Bran »

Ok...a short update:

In my case there are 2 Microsoft products which cause trouble with TDU (or other way round )
MS Gamevoice USB prevents TDU to start.
MS Force Feedback Wheel USB causes heavy lags and stuttering frames within TDU.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

good tips, thx.