Problem in Richard Burns Rally

rijnton

Problem in Richard Burns Rally

Post by rijnton »

Today I bought Richard Burns Rally and tried to set it up for my Logitech MOMO Racing and for my TrackIR 3Pro. To my surprise I could not access the screen for the Controller Setup. I did a Google search then and found this thread in this forum:
http://www.bhmotorsports.com/board/view ... hp?t=41922
I followed the advice given and saw that there were 3 USB HID's, each registered as a USB Gaming Keyboard Pro. I disabled 2 of them and then I could indeed access the Setup screen and assign everything. BUT... now my problem:
Now I can't use certain keys of my keyboard. Although the TrackIR does work I can't center it nor pause etc. it, because the keys I have to use for it don't work. Of course I can enable the UBB HID's again, but then the frame rate drops dramatically, as reported by the poster in the above thread.
Is there a way to solve it ? As mentioned it has now only to do with the handling (Centerin, Pausing etc) of the TrackIR in the game. Asar as I can see there is no option in the game to center the TrackIR.
Btw, I also tried another keyboard. With that I didn't have to disable USB HID's, but the keys still didn't work for centering etc.
VincentG

Re: Problem in Richard Burns Rally

Post by VincentG »

Have you tried setting the hot keys, within the TrackIR profile used for the application, to other keys?

By default, in the Racing Profile, they are set to F9 (Pause), F12 (Center), F8 (Precision).
rijnton

Post by rijnton »

Yes I did. I tried for instance the C key but it doesn't help. I think it has to do with a bug or something like that in the game itself. Somehow the keyboard, except for the Enter and the arrow keys (for navigating in the menu) doesn't work. I also tried another keyboard but with the same, negative result.
Imo it is also very strange that I have to disable some hardware items to be able to access the Controller setup screen. Apparently I am not the only one.
I have no problems in other games , like GTL.
I was curious if it was noticed here and if someone found a solution.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

I had not seen it at all.....