TrackIR and Grid

JvanE

TrackIR and Grid

Post by JvanE »

I just found out Grid 1.2 supports TrackIR. Nice! But er... it doesn't work here. TrackIR works prefectly with FSX. Do I have do something special to enable it in Grid...? Grid isn't in the list of games (proflies) that TrackIR shows me. Should I add it somehow...? Don't know how, really. Or should I update TrackIR too?

EDIT
Never mind!!! I forgot to Check for Game Updates... All is fine now!
cesthree

Re: TrackIR and Grid

Post by cesthree »

Hello. I am having issues with my TrackIR 4 Pro and GRID.

Grid is patched to 1.2. I have tried uninstalling GRID completely and reinstalling it, then the 1.2 patch. No change in functions of Track IR.

I am using Track IR software version 4.1 build 35 final.

I have updated my game list using the Track IR software and restarted it.

I have configured all profiles to use the track clip pro and the vector is working properly in the "heads" mirror mode.

I have no issues using the Track IR with rFactor version 1255.

I have tried rebooting my computer. (does this make a difference?)

The only thing that seems out of the ordinary is that the GRID profile details say that any version of the software is supported and all of the options for 6DOF are greyed out. The only two that are checked, even though they are greyed out, are pitch and yaw.

I assumed that the support for GRID was 6DOF.

I start Track IR. Select run minimized and close to tray. I close Track IR to the tray.

When I start GRID, no blue LED comes on and of course the feature does not work at all in the game.

What could be wrong? Thanks for any help you might have for me.
cesthree

Post by cesthree »

I think I have figured this one out. I was looking around in C:\Program Files\Codemasters where I found two folders.

One is GRID, and the other is Race Driver GRID.

It seems that this is a known issue with patch 1.2. The standard patch installation utility does not allow you to locate the correct directory for GRID upon installation setup.

The patch files in 1.2 do not get "patched" into the original game directory, and instead create a completely new directory that does nothing to patch the game at all, hence no support for Track IR for me even after applying the patch.

This issue is discussed on Codemasters Support Forum, but it isn't stickied at all, and the issue does not seem to have been addressed at all by Codemasters.

A modified 1.2 patch exe is found in this thread at Codemasters Support Forum:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/ ... p?t=295040

Please sticky this information in this section and in the Driving General forums after I confirm that the issue is indeed fixed using the alternate 1.2 patch exe. I will report back this evening with my results.
cesthree

Post by cesthree »

Just got done playing GRID with Track IR support. That's more like it!!

The patch worked flawlessly with the option to install into the appropriate directory for GRID.

The blue LED came on instantly and stayed on the whole time. Default setup is good, if not a little too snappy, but fully functional nonetheless.

Hope this helps others with patch problems, because without that patch you will not have Track IR support. Without Track IR support I don't think you'll want to play this game, as much.
chrisreb

Post by chrisreb »

I have GRID at version 1.2 and it is on my list for Track IR.

When I enter the game the blue and green lights are on but no track IR in the game.

Cannot see any option -what do I have to do to enable it?

Thanks
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

What OS are you using?

Are you using the cockpit view, within the gaming application?