rFactor yaw limit

Cactus Dave

rFactor yaw limit

Post by Cactus Dave »

In rFactor when you look left or right, the limit is not even 90 deg. When the TIR limit is reached you an still look farther by pressing look left/right buttons.
Is there a setting somewhere in rfactor that will allow for more yaw (left/right)?
VincentG

Re: rFactor yaw limit

Post by VincentG »

Might be a setting within the software config file.
Cactus Dave

Post by Cactus Dave »

"Might be"? What software? What config file?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

In the rFactor software. Have you tried posting in their forums?

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=948
TailFlamer

Post by TailFlamer »

Hi

I know this is a rather old thread, but I believe I might know the answer, if the OP still needs it, or for anyone else.

In your .plr file look for these lines:
Look Up/Down Angle="0.48000" // Angle to look up/down (pitch) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
Look Roll Angle="0.25000" // Angle to lean head (roll) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
Glance Angle="1.95000" // Angle to look left/right (yaw) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)

These are the lines that control TIR in rfactor. Just edit the values to whatever you want. As you can see in my examples I have a lot of Glance Angle. I use it simply for safety if I happen to go off track. I am able to see if anyone is coming up on me before I pull back on track. Sometimes the car may not be sitting in a position where I can see the track in the mirrors. You may not want this much, but it really doesn't matter while driving. I have to really turn my head alot to look around that far.

Hope this helps :)
Cactus Dave

Post by Cactus Dave »

Your a Champ! I knew there was a setting somewhere.