Support for SHIFT?

racerg

Re: Support for SHIFT?

Post by racerg »

Ya jcdenton, I think it is important to inquire from both sides, the game developer and the hardware developer. I have inquiries into both. I encourage everyone to do the same.
NADS

Post by NADS »

thanks for the update only a few days away and i cant see how they wouldnt put it in seein as the xbox has some button press and hold and use one of the sticks to move the head around. should be no prob to support the IR.any way only a few more days and again thx for the update :)
NADS

Post by NADS »

so i guess its gonna get patched in then?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

That was the developers' "plan B," from what I last heard.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
NADS

Post by NADS »

thanks for all ways keepin the info up seth you guys rock. No joke you all are rad in my book you know how to make a good product and support your customers too!!! :grin: and now we wait for sms to get a patch out
terryfried

Post by terryfried »

I want the patch. I have the game and it does NOT support TrackIR out of the box. So lets hope the patch comes quick.
jcdenton

Post by jcdenton »

I don't think posting on the NFS forum will do any good. Even their tech support forum has nobody reading it, it's just endusers venting to other endusers.

I somewhat don't understand why the developer even needs to add support in a game like this. I thought that at its core, TrackIR just takes over the mouselook/right analog stick/whatever function and just acted as an input device. It seems like TrackIR software could make it work on its own just for looking around, and the developer support would only be needed for things like leaning, zooming in/out, and moving laterally and vertically as you can do in FSX.
mR.Waffles

Post by mR.Waffles »

Tracker support will determine my purchase of Shift. I was going to DL the demo until I read here that it is not supported, doesn't make any sense seeing as how the realistic interior is part of the selling point of the game. Oh well. Let us know if they add tracker support.
NADS

Post by NADS »

even with out it and no look to apex it still has a good view of the interior and okay head movement from bumps and stuff. i do wish they would get the IR support tho because its rad seeing the interior change in the cars as you upgrade the cockpit but the game is not too bad with out it not as good as the gtr games but still fun.
NADS

Post by NADS »

ok so the first shift patch is out and still no ir support. I was excited too cuz i say they put in better mouse support for the menues and thought maybe they at least gave us a key to hit and use mouse look with the ir emulation but nope....sigh i guess thats what happens when sms has ea callin the shots anyway ass soon as anouther patch comes out ill check it out again and its still only the first patch within the first week of game launch so all signs dont look bad