Support for SHIFT?

NADS

Re: Support for SHIFT?

Post by NADS »

again thx for an update. i was looking at the control configs in notepad and the only way look up/down/left/right is with a game pad's right stick not even any mouse support in the mouse/keyboard config so no emulation work around and you cant even remap them to a keyboard/g25 key so i hope we get patch.
mmed

Post by mmed »

Unoffical track-ir support for shift
http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?au ... howfile=48#
NADS

Post by NADS »

thx i will check that out when i get home
MACH1ne

Post by MACH1ne »

WOW this thing works! Great job! I wish Natural Point had a team doing stuff like this :( It shouldnt be so hard!
MrPix

Post by MrPix »

[quote=MACH1ne]WOW this thing works! Great job! I wish Natural Point had a team doing stuff like this :( It shouldnt be so hard! [/quote]

But it currently does not work for ATi cards on Win 7 x64 :(

@NaturalPoint .. have you had contact with SMS recently... and are they including support in their upcoming patch for Shift?... you can tell us... we won't let on ;) This would make the game soooo much better for me and many others.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

I've been in touch with them a couple of times over the past few months, but as of yet haven't received anything concrete in response. We'll let you know when there's something to know. ;)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
MrPix

Post by MrPix »

@Seth-> thanks as always :)
strandproll

Post by strandproll »

[quote=mmed]Unoffical track-ir support for shift
http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?au ... howfile=48#
[/quote]

I know the mod is unofficial. Unfortunately the game crashes after every race on my system. So the mod is not really good for a permanent driving experience but gives a great impression how the game would feel like with TrackIR: Awesome!

Probably the SHIFT developers are doing a good job to fix the most immediate bugs with the next patch first. This makes just sence. Beyond that I hope they understand the added value of TrackIR for the driving community and keep on developing SHIFT.

As always..thanks Seth for your engagement - stay tuned to it!
MillerTime

Post by MillerTime »

I've just bought the Track IR 5 after such a long time of wanting one. I knew shift wasn't officially supported but this game screams for Track IR. I have a bunch of games that support this so it will be great to go back and play them.
Dirt 2 and Shift are going to be my main games for a while, so I'm really going to miss TrackIR in Shift. Please keep on them to update it!
MillerTime

Post by MillerTime »

I couldn't edit my post to add this, but I sent an E-mail to the SMS developement team. I thanked them for a great game and asked for TrackIR support in a future patch. I figured one more request couldn't hurt the cause.