Smartnav on windows 11

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
livingator

Smartnav on windows 11

Post by livingator »

have anyone tried to see if it works normally? i'm aware that it's no longer being developed but i still can't find suitable alternative.

also it'd be nice if anyone have a=suggestion for alternatives, devices like gyro based control doesn't seem to work well with people who can't sit straight, both axis movement just become bended. i've also tried headmouse nano and trackerpro 2 but their speed are both way too slow (they also feel like literally same thing just looks different) while webcam based have poor accuracy.

thanks for the help!
Franck Dernoncourt

Re: Smartnav on windows 11

Post by Franck Dernoncourt »

List of alternatives: https://hardwarerecs.stackexchange.com/q/19/40

(+1, I also would like to know whether smartnav works on windows 11)
henryjec7

Post by henryjec7 »

Just looking to see if there are any plans to add the SmartNav options to any of the Custom ROMs out there? On my 1+6, most - if not all - ROMs had the SmartNav option. I loved that feature as you were able to expand your NAV bar to whatever you wanted.

If there are no plans to add it, or if there are issues now that we're on 10, is there any other option to get something like this installed. I've searched around and havent' really found anything that does exactly what I'm looking for. And I am in no way a developer so I dont know how to build a custom ROM on my own (would love to learn tho!).
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello henryjec7,

Is your question concerning the NaturalPoint SmartNav 4? If so, can you elaborate on what information you are looking for? Please note that the SmartNav 4 has been discontinued for a few years.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative