reflective dots

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
aquafrenzy

reflective dots

Post by aquafrenzy »

Hi

First of all I just want to say thank you, i've been using smartnav daily for about 7 years now and couldn't use my computer without it. So thank you.

I just wanted to know what exact material the reflective dots are made from? I've tried some reflective tapes and they just don't work, most have a shiny film over the silver and that seems to interfere.

Thanks
Paul
jolsonsalem

Re: reflective dots

Post by jolsonsalem »

It is a proprietary retro-reflective material made by 3M. The special part about it is that it reflects IR light back in the direction it came from in a fairly narrow beam. Other materials have a wider reflection pattern and that will confuse the SmartNav since it is looking for a specific point rather then just a wide blob of light.

You can find either dots or a roll of the material on our website at http://www.naturalpoint.com/smartnav/st ... ories.html or if you're international you can check with one of dealers as you might save some on shipping and it should be an item that they stock regularly.