dwell clicking

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
dps

dwell clicking

Post by dps »

I am having some carpal tunnel type problems and am interested in this product. However I cannot decide if dwell clicking is useful and worth the money. It is difficult to decide without being able to try it out. Does anyone have any experience, any impressions they can share with me?
Jim

Re: dwell clicking

Post by Jim »

Hello:

I can offer some quick feedback for you. Dwell clicking can be very usefull and essential if you require a totally hands free computing environment. If you can use your hands or feet to hit switches or the keyboard then I would recommend against it for ergonomic purposes. I use Dwell for fun, when surfing the net, but not for productivity as it can take a bit of time to navigate effectively.

What I would recommend is the smart-NAV EG, our ergonomic solution that allows for switch input. In this manner you can use our footswitches, the most popular option we have and it gives you a $15 discount by using the banner at the top of the site. There are other switch options, like our single switch or you can find a ton of switches at www.tashinc.com.

Hopefully this info helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.