6 Degrees of Freedom + Hotkeys

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
Douglas Hunter

Re: 6 Degrees of Freedom + Hotkeys

Post by Douglas Hunter »

In order to play a game using 6DOF would I need to buy TrackIR along with the Vector expansion. Or can SmartNav be configured for this ?
When a 6DOF enhanced SmartNav mouse appears will it be a matter of upgrading the software for an old model or would it mean buying a completely new item of hardware ?
Douglas Hunter

6 Degrees of Freedom + Hotkeys

Post by Douglas Hunter »

Hello,
I would like to know if smartnav3 EG is able to provide 6 degrees of freedom eg. zooming in or out of documents / web pages with the option to enable/disable this axis of movement routed through a dedicated hot key.

I use Opera so that I can read the web text, and often use a 20 point plus font when I type word documents.

On another note how many hotkeys does SmartNav3 EG allow ?
kevin

Post by kevin »

Hello Douglas,

The SmartNAV is not currently able to utilize the Vector for 6DOF. The idea of a Vector enhanced mouse has crossed our mind and may be something we look at in the future.

You can use any key on your keyboard as a hotkey if you would like. Though there are no combinations at this time, we will be adding the ability to do cominations soon though.

If you have any further questions please feel free to post them.

Best Regards,
Kevin
kevin

Post by kevin »

Hi Douglas,

"In order to play a game using 6DOF would I need to buy TrackIR along with the Vector expansion. Or can SmartNav be configured for this ?"

In order to play a game using 6DOF you need a Vector Expansion and either a TrackIR OR SmartNAV unit. The SmartNAV can utilize the TrackIR gaming software and provides mouse relief and in-game view control. The TrackIR only works with TrackIR software and has been designed for use in games.

"When a 6DOF enhanced SmartNav mouse appears will it be a matter of upgrading the software for an old model or would it mean buying a completely new item of hardware ?"

When/If a 6DOF enhanced SmartNAV3 appears it will be a matter of a software upgrade, assuming you already have the Vector expansion.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Kevin
Douglas Hunter

Post by Douglas Hunter »

Thankyou I will set about getting a SmartNav EG.

Douglas