Gravity bugs

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
dasz

Gravity bugs

Post by dasz »

1. Gravity does NOT work in Windows file explorer!. It should! It seems to only work on the desktop (on Win2k, haven't tried it on win xp)

2. Desktop - If you place a window so it obscures an icon on the desktop (even a little bit), the mouse should not gravitate to it.

3. gravity should work on sliders, window borders, scollbars. It is VERY hard to adjust these.

let me know if you have any questions.
/Dasz
kevin

Re: Gravity bugs

Post by kevin »

I will try to replicate these issues and let our developers know.

I have a couple of follow up questions though:

1) Can you be more specific about where it may not be working in Windows File Explorer? We have tested and verified that it snaps to buttons and menu items.

2 & 3) We will make note of these feature requests and review them during our development cycle.

Thanks,
Kevin

[ September 19, 2005, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Kevin ]
dasz

Post by dasz »

Sorry abouyt the long reply... I forgot I posed stuff here!!!

Windows 2000 tested only. set the file list view to either LargeIcons,SmallIcons,List or detail.

Hover the mouse over any of the files in the current folder (the pointer does not gravitate to them -- in any mode). Toolbards and menus are ok, but files are omited -- I think we ought to be able to gravite to thme, after all this is the main reason for this view (the list of files).
kevin

Post by kevin »

Thank you for the clarification, we will work to reproduce it and see what the result is.

Thanks,
Kevin