SmartNav 4?

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
VincentG

Re: SmartNav 4?

Post by VincentG »

We aren't promising a release date yet, but something less than 3 months is safe to say.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Thanks for checking in. We are closer to a release, I think that we are still on track for a few months from now, maybe sooner.
gibbz

Post by gibbz »

Time for my monthly post :)
When will we hear what new features are in store for smartNav4?
Jim

Post by Jim »

Gibbz:

I love persistance! :) SmartNav4 is closer every day, but still a bit away. You can expect a new look, machined aluminum casing, higher resolution and improved tracking in sunlight. We have put some real effort into this product and I hope you like it.
johnqpublic

Post by johnqpublic »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Jim]SmartNav4 is closer every day, but still a bit away. You can expect a new look, machined aluminum casing, higher resolution and improved tracking in sunlight.[/quote]

Do you have any plans to make a smaller unit? I am thinking of something a bit more elongated that would fit on the lid of a laptop more easily than the current design. If there are some discussions or photos on how to affix one to the top edge of a laptop screen securely I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch.

I can't remember how long I have been a user. Wouldn't work a day without it.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The SmartNAV 4 will attach a little different, than the SmartNAV 3. It is using a different base setup.
gibbz

Post by gibbz »

Sounds good!

Btw how would this handle fps games such as team fortress 2?
I assume not so well?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Well, it is a mouse replacement device - so the game should be ok using it... unless it is trying to access the mouse in a non-standard way....
gibbz

Post by gibbz »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]Well, it is a mouse replacement device - so the game should be ok using it... unless it is trying to access the mouse in a non-standard way.... [/quote]

Im just thinking... With most shooters you need move the mouse to the right for example to look right. Then you lift up the mouse, move it back and put it down and continue moving it right to keep rotating the view right.
Is this possible with smartNAV? Or are you limited by this?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

You can adjust the speed of the SmartNAV so that it moves fastwhen you look to either direction.