hotkey selection recommendations?

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
gomerbarkley

hotkey selection recommendations?

Post by gomerbarkley »

I'm thinking about getting the SmartNav for RSI issues. I hate to be in pain after a day at work.

I have the use of both hands and can imagine justifying this as a productivity increasing tool as it would eliminate the time to move from keyboard to mouse. However, I don't know which keyboard keys to make into hotkeys for left, right and middle click. Is there a good choice of Hotkeys that works well with most office programs and games? Does anyone have suggestions?
kevin

Re: hotkey selection recommendations?

Post by kevin »

Hello,

I use the SmartNAV here in the office and I use Key Activated mode with Key Release Clicking. This is the most convenient way of using the system, according to me anyway. If you assign the Move key to your CapsLock then you can simply press this key to engage your mouse control and let up over the item you want to select, press down again and you can double click, drag as well. This setting, along with other useful hotkeys like �pause� and 'precision' are located in the Behavior tab of the SmartNAV software.

Finally, if you get a SmartNAV play with the Gravity feature, I think it rocks, but you do have to set it up for your own tastes. Gravity is a feature you have with the SmartNAV software and should be tried out. Try just having it turned on for the Control Boxes, those are the Close Minimize and maximize ones, the hard to hit little ones. Once you get comfortable with this, you can add more buttons in.

This setup has worked well for me in all programs. We have a 30 day trial period as well so you can get a unit to try out.

Best Wishes,
Kevin