Text editer friendly with naturalpoint

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
ncc1701d

Text editer friendly with naturalpoint

Post by ncc1701d »

Anyone know of a good text editer especially friendly to natural point Dwell click users? Specifically xtra large buttons for save tools etc would help in the top toolbar.
I have seen many editors but the top toolbar buttons/icons are to small. At least as big as Firefox browswer buttons are when the text underneath is on would be nice.
My screen res is high so setting my screen to 640 x480 while making icons bigger is not the solution i was hoping for.
ideas anyone?
Thanks
kevin

Re: Text editer friendly with naturalpoint

Post by kevin »

Hello,

I was messing around with Microsoft Word and if you click somewhere on the top toolbar you get a drop down menu with all the different widgets you can have on the toolbar. At the very bottom is a Customize option.... click that and go to the Options tab. Toward the bottom in the Other section select 'Large Icons'.

I wouldnt say the Icons are extra large but they are noticably larger.

I will keep my eye out for other editors as well.

Best Regards,
Kevin
ncc1701d

Post by ncc1701d »

`thanks but i am hoping for something better.
There is "Notepad2" that comes with opens source code for free but i am inexperience programmer.
Anyone interested? Maybe someone could modify it and put it for free on this website to aid dwell clickererers.
kevin

Post by kevin »

I was messing around with NoteTab Light from www.notetab.com and it has user definable button sizes (width) for the toolbar. I was able to get my toolbar looking pretty big on a high resolution monitor.

May be worth a look.

[ January 27, 2006, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Kevin ]
ncc1701d

Post by ncc1701d »

Hi,
I am little confused. The link you gave notepad.com doesnt show a "Notepad Light" but on http://www.notetab.com/ntl.php there is a "NoteTab Light". Which one did you use?
thanks
kevin

Post by kevin »

You are correct sir, I guess I had notepad on the brain.

It is indeed NoteTab Light from www.notetab.com that had the buttons I was able to resize.