SmartNav - no longer in production

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
specialka

Re: SmartNav - no longer in production

Post by specialka »

so disappointed!
pbrocoum

Post by pbrocoum »

Hi, I'd like to share my current hands-free setup using the TrackIR, Dragon Professional, and an X-Keys foot pedal.

I have a YouTube demo here: https://youtu.be/fg6Q3r2p_yE

It allows me to fully use my computer completely hands-free. I am looking for an alternative to the TrackIR in the future when it finally goes away, but for now it still works.

Philip
ninegrand

Post by ninegrand »

I don't think you realise how important SmartNav 4 actually is for tetraplegic's and disabled people as a whole.

I have been injured for 16 years and I have never found a better solution. I only have head movement so other switches are not an option. I spend 90% of my time using a PC and controlling everything around me using SmartNav. I play lots of online games using it, talk to friends and family using it, work using it. It gives me a feeling of independence.

Saying "oh but there's other camera tracking options just use those" is just a complete joke. I have tried everything on that list and nothing comes close to the accuracy and precision I can have with SmartNav.

Everything I'm saying is probably just falling on deaf ears, and complaining wont bring them back into production, but it is very disappointing when your entire life is run by using it and suddenly it's gone and I'm forced to find a worse alternative.
runarbjorn

Post by runarbjorn »

I have been using smartnav for 17 years and own 3 generations.

As a quadriplegic this device is my number one tool for computing along with a sip and puff switch.

I am very disappointed in this move and I've tried a few other options and looked plenty around but nothing other impresses my.

I also want to ask if anyone has gotten the device working on linux and hoping protocols will be opened. I would love to have freedom to choose an operating system.
specialka

Post by specialka »

hi! has anyone found anything similar they recommend?
pbrocoum

Post by pbrocoum »

I think the Smyle Mouse is the best alternative on the market right now. I recommend a 60 FPS WebCam for smoothest movement. Download it to try it out here: https://smylemouse.com/
specialka

Post by specialka »

pbrocoum wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:43 am I think the Smyle Mouse is the best alternative on the market right now. I recommend a 60 FPS WebCam for smoothest movement. Download it to try it out here: https://smylemouse.com/
pbrocoum- does it offer dwell?
pbrocoum

Post by pbrocoum »

Yes, SmyleMouse does have dwell clicking. In fact, it's pretty customizable, almost to a fault. Takes a long time to figure out exactly your ideal settings, but once you do, it's great! =)
mohitpatil

Post by mohitpatil »

Latest SmartNav alternative: check out http://brainforce.us/
They are releasing their headmouse in September 2021 but are currently giving out free trials.
ivic@

Post by ivic@ »

Has anyone tried which is the best device from the ones offered? I am a quadriplegic. I use a "camera mouse", along with a camera mouse I occasionally use a modified mouse, in such a way that I pulled out the left click with the cable and put a micro switch that I click with my mouth when writing text or I draw in sketchup .
It not work with windows 10 .
Sorry if i write somting wrong ,I am from Croatia ,my English is no good,I use google translate . :D