Dwell clicker feature request

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
mach888888

Dwell clicker feature request

Post by mach888888 »

Couple of things i wish your dwell clicker could do and why.
1. Allow for a verticle display of the bar. Since the natural most confortable movement for head is left to right, having the bar verticle allows for quicker choice selection with less chance of activating wrong button.

2. Addition of control and shift hold down buttons for easy group and multiple file selection. Example : shift down is when button activated and button up is when button not activated.

3. Allow customizing of button size or at least a "super large, xtra large and jumbo sizes of buttons to choose from. I use a different dwell clicker for use with Smartnav. I have button size of 122 pixels by 122 pixels.
I have found that even bigger targets makes selecting faster and more relaxing. Since being relaxed is key to enjoying smartnav supper large buttons have been proven helpful for me at least.

4. Last thing.. is allow the user to rearrange the order they are display in.
For example..If there was verticle display of button bar, having the drag button at top means dragging and moving windows is faster because a window drag bar is usually at top of the window. Hope that makes sense.

Some of these things may sound trivial but i have been using smartnav for like 3 years now and i love it. I am just obsessed with increasing work speed and comfort even if its only a second.
thanks for listening.
kevin

Re: Dwell clicker feature request

Post by kevin »

Hello,

Are you using build 28 of our software? If so it has some of the features you asked for.

For #1 the bar is displayed horizontally, which should be best for left to right movements which you say are most natural? I am guessing you meant vertical movements were most natural...

#2 sounds useful I will suggest it to our developers. Implementation of this should not take too long.

Our dwell clicker does allow you to adjust sizes, I will look into adding an xtra large size.

#4 would require some work and I will add it to the list though am not sure when we will be able to get it done.

We appreciate your feedback and will work to incorporate your ideas.

Best,
Kevin
mach888888

Re: Dwell clicker feature request

Post by mach888888 »

Hi,
Yes i am using 28. It is displayed horizontally.
Currently, If it is displayed at top of screen you move head up and down and slightly left to right to grab tool and passing over other buttons that are near the one you want.

If its displayed verticle and displayed on the right side of screen, i move my head left to right and slightly up and down.
Its easier for me and there is less chance of accidently touching wrong button... and i am talking if your really moving/working fast you make less mistakes. At least for me.

The verticle option might be nice. Also by having it displayed verticle on right side its less likely to cover up the top of a window your working on.

I noticed there are currenly three sizes. I assume those are only sizes so far?
An xtra large and super large and jumbo size would be really cool.
If you dont want to make larger custom icon art,
larger buttons but having small icons on them would work to...at least for me.
Thanks for considering them Kevin.