TrackIr vs SmartNav

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
scpedicini

TrackIr vs SmartNav

Post by scpedicini »

I've recently been diagnosed with tendonitis, hence my search for alternative input devices. I need a device which will allow me to move the mouse(with decent precision, specifically for dragging and dropping purposes) relatively quickly on a laptop. Also, I will need to be able send mouse commands such as click, double click, click and hold, release, etc without using my fingers, for instance through voice recognition. It looked like the basic SmartNav package would fulfill my needs, but I'm not sure. Based on these needs, exactly what would you recommend?

Sorry to keep this post terse, but I'm typing with my hands and it is not pleasant...

Thanks very much for helping,
Shaun
kevin

Re: TrackIr vs SmartNav

Post by kevin »

Hello Shaun,

I believe the SmartNAV would work well for you.

With the SmartNAV3 you can use the SmartNAV software to control the mouse cursor on the desktop. You can use our voice clicking feature, a foot switch, or dwell clicking to perform clicks hands free. Your choice of the Standard + voice clicking sounds like a great start.

We also have a 30 day trial period so if for some reason the unit did not perform up to your expectations you could return it.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Kevin