clicks

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
Syndrome

clicks

Post by Syndrome »

Hi,

I am a (french) programer. I have RSI. I want to use SmartNAV with a (not virtual) keyboard and I would like to know what is the best method to emulate mouse clicks.

Is it possible to emulate the 5 buttons of my current microsoft mouse ?

I don't think Dwell clicking is fast enough for me.

How many ClickSwitch can I use at the same time ? Only 2 ?

Thanks
VincentG

Re: clicks

Post by VincentG »

You can have multiple USB switches attached to the system, as they are not controlled by our software.

You can map the left, right, and middle mouse key functions within our software to your keyboard.
kevin

Post by kevin »

Hello,

There are several methods I would suggest to emulate mouse clicks.

I agree that dwell clicking would not be fast enough for you.

I use Key Activated mode with Key Release Clicking. This is the most convenient way of using the system, according to me anyway. If you assign the Move key to your CapsLock then you can simply press this key to engage your mouse control and let up over the item you want to select, press down again and you can double click, drag as well. This setting, along with other useful hotkeys like �pause� and 'precision' are located in the Behavior tab of the SmartNAV software.

We also have a voice clicking option so you can use a headset to speak mouse commands.

As Vince mentioned if you hooked up a switch directly to the SmartNAV you could emulate some basic mouse commands. With USB switches you can have as many different switches programmed as you would like.

Hope this helps�
Syndrome

Post by Syndrome »

Thank you for your advices. I think I will use a gamepad with mouse/keyboard emulation to control mouse clicks and SmartNAV commands like "pause", "precision", etc.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

OK, that is a way to go.........;)