SmartNAV Basic and Rings?

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
philmoulds

SmartNAV Basic and Rings?

Post by philmoulds »

Hi

I am looking to purchase a SmartNav System because I basically want to stop using my right hand for mouse movements, and am unsure which package to purchase. I have a really sore hand which develops further pain as soon as I start using my mouse, but after rest and stretching the pain is relieved a bit.

If I buy the $199 package is it possible to use this with the rings if I order them separately?

I'm not really sure whether I would ever use a foot pedal or switch as I think it would be OK allocating keys on my keyboard for the mouse buttons, so I don't think I need an EG or AT model for this purpose. I do quite like the idea of the rings though.

Please can you let me know if the rings would work with the basic $199 version

Many thanks in advance

Phil
VincentG

Re: SmartNAV Basic and Rings?

Post by VincentG »

Yes the rings work with all models of SmartNAV.
SaCe

Post by SaCe »

Did you buy it Phil? Also do you like using the rings? I have the same problem with my hand using the standard mouse. I didn't buy the rings because I figured I'd still have to use the hand too much and still get pain. I'm doing okay using the Smart Nav on it's own. I put a dot on my nose to use to point with LOL. Hey, it works for me. ;o) Anyway, I haven't perfected it yet and still sometimes get frustrated and use the standard moue, but hopefully practice and maybe learning to set it the Smart Nav to my liking will help. Time and practice I suppose will help. I must say it's already helped me enjoy the computer more. So as a whole, I'm happy with it.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Glad to hear it is working well.