dwell clicking

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
JGDragon

dwell clicking

Post by JGDragon »

I have been using NaturalPoint for about a year and a half now. I have the AT version. This is kind of a simple, but obvious solution for what I feel are the shortcomings of the dwell clicking software. Mostly, that from going between the toolbar and whatever you are clicking on all the time back-and-forth back-and-forth... causes a great deal of neck strain and exhaustion.

Solution>>>>There should be a hybrid between dwell clicking and voice-activated clicking! :)

It would use both voice and an automated timer.

So, for example...

Say the word, "ON." Dwell clicking timer goes in effect. Click on a timed beat as the software is currently designed to do. Say the word, "OFF" and it's done. No bobbing your head back and forth from the toolbar to the item you are clicking, so, no neck strain!! No voice strain from saying the word "CLICK" all the time like you have to do if you use the current voice-activated clicking system.

Another example...

Say the word "right" or "left" or "double" to tell what type of click you want--no more bobbing, neck pain, etc. Same with "drag"... put the mouse on the item, and say "drag" and it will hold the mouseclick down until you say "drop." No more wondering when the toolbar is going to hold and let go of your item!

Or, at the very least they should make the dwell clicking toolbar speakable so that a program like Dragon NaturallySpeaking can get a hold of it.

I really hope the software developers take these suggestions to heart. I may be buying a foot pedal for clicking in the next week. But paraplegics won't have that option -- they will just have to deal with the neck pain.
Elizabeth

Re: dwell clicking

Post by Elizabeth »

Your idea is great for users that can operate both voice click and dwell click. However some SmartNav users can not operate both clicking mechanisms, which would create a disadvantage for some. We will add your idea to the request list and see what our developers come up with.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

As for using the voice commands, you can adjust the commands being used, to shorten the words, if they are becoming to difficult.

Curerntly you can use the voice software to hold the left mouse button down "left Down", to allow you to move it across the monitor, until you use the "Left up" command to release it.

It is very difficult to have 2 different applications, such as Dragon, and our voice software, running at the same time as they would then be looking to control the microphone at the same time.
Lenovo

Post by Lenovo »

Thanks for all the updates in this thread - it may be a few months old now, but it's been interesting to flick through none the less.
comparatif simulation taux credit auto - Taux cr�dit auto. Comparatif des offres! Les meilleurs taux cr�dit auto sont sur le net !comparatif simulation taux credit auto