Playing 3-D shooter games with the SmartNav

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
tony3010

Playing 3-D shooter games with the SmartNav

Post by tony3010 »

I was wondering if it's possible to use the SmartNav mouse for playing shooter games. I can't seem to figure out a good way of doing it.

I run into trouble if I need to make more than one complete turn in the gaming world (I can only move my head so far in a particular direction), but if I turn the sensitivity up so that I can turn around a few times in a particular direction by moving my head all the way in that direction then it is so sensitive that I cannot aim.

Is there some way of using the SmartNav mouse in a practical way to play 3-D shooter games?
kalorvoe

Re: Playing 3-D shooter games with the SmartNav

Post by kalorvoe »

For a start, make sure you're on relative not absolute. In this way , if the pointer is in the middle while your head is pointed all the way to the left, swinging your head right will "push" the centering back to the middle. Then set the sensitivity low, play a game and slowly raise the sensitivity until you're comfortable with it.

When I first started HL2 with the smartnav I couldn't hit anything point blank on easy difficulty (I'd be spinning around, looking at the sky etc). Now I'm almost as accurate without hands as with them.
Bob422

Post by Bob422 »

I really wish it had an Auto Panning option like the TrackIR software did. If that one feature could be added to the SmartNav software, It would make FPS games so much more fun.
Certa

Post by Certa »

[quote=KalorVoe]For a start, make sure you're on relative not absolute. In this way , if the pointer is in the middle while your head is pointed all the way to the left, swinging your head right will "push" the centering back to the middle. Then set the sensitivity low, play a game and slowly raise the sensitivity until you're comfortable with it.

When I first started HL2 with the smartnav I couldn't hit anything point blank on easy difficulty (I'd be spinning around, looking at the sky etc). Now I'm almost as accurate without hands as with them.[/quote]

Hi KalorVoe,

I'm trying to set my SmartNav for Call of Duty but finding it difficult to get the right balance.

Any chance you can tell me your movement settings so I can work from them? Also with the motion settings do you have yours more responsive or smoother? I can't see any difference when I change it about.

Does HL have an internal mouse sensitivity too? If so what do you set this as. I have mine as lowest.

But when using smartnav settings I'm either way to sensitive or the mouse movement is choppy.

Hope you can help.