Just wanted to mention a possible problem

DoubleUgly

Just wanted to mention a possible problem

Post by DoubleUgly »

I have had my Track IR for about 3 weeks now and I am very pleased with it. Even though I have the Via KT133 chipset, it seems to work very well. This is just a post to mention a problem that I seem to be seeing with the track IR software (v. 1.30). I remember reading on this forum about a problem someone was having that may be very similar to mine but I cant remember any specific information that I can refer to, though this particular person seemed to have the problem when TIR could not see the dot.

Anyway, the problem that I see is when I pause the software and leave it that way for 5 - 10 minutes. Even though the Track IR can still see the dot while it is paused, my computer will crash to a blue screen. I should note that normally my computer is VERY stable. Anyway, I just wanted to point this out with the hope that someone will look into it.

Anybody have a suggestion for a workaround in the meantime?

Thanks in advance.
609IAP_Recon

Re: Just wanted to mention a possible problem

Post by 609IAP_Recon »

I don't know if this fixes your problem, but isn't there a 1.40?
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Yes, download the new 1.40 software and get that installed until 2.0 comes out.

What are you doing when you leave TIR paused for 5-10 minutes?

There has been an issue in the past that when it is paused and the dot is not visible, system resources continue to rise until all memory is blocked up.

If it continues to happen under 1.40, write down the exact wording of the BSoD (Blue Screen of Death); basically the warning, the memory address pointers, ect. With that I may be able to find a good answer for you.
609IAP_Recon

Post by 609IAP_Recon »

Upgraded enhanced support for custom integration into games
Fixed Windows Handle leak
DoubleUgly

Post by DoubleUgly »

Yes, the issue that you guys are talking about is the same one that I remember. And if I remember correctly, it only occured when the dot was not visible. In my case, the dot IS visible when the TIR is paused for an extended time. For example, I might pause in between games to check some mail or look for something on the internet.

Thanks for the responses.