Need help with an order

Revvin

Need help with an order

Post by Revvin »

I know this may not be the right place to post this but I've mailed NaturalPoint without any reply.

I ordered a TrackIR device a few weeks ago and really very happy with it as it makes things a hell of a lot more intuitive in the flight sims I play. The problem I have is I ordered a roll of the refelctive tape as I had read the forums before ordering and seen a few ideas for gaining better tracking. My TrackIR was delivered VERY promptly (ordered on a Sat evening and received on the following Wednesday USA - UK) but I never received my roll of reflective tape and as I said did'nt get a response by to my mail enquiry. Can someone at NaturalPoint help please?
Revvin

Re: Need help with an order

Post by Revvin »

<punt>
Revvin

Post by Revvin »

Thanks Hotdognz, I ordered direct from NaturalPoint, as I said I read the forums a lot before I bought the TrackIR and figured for $3 it was worth getting some of the material to try some of the stuff you guys suggested. I'm BETA testing two sims with a mouse view and the TrackIR runs well in Aces High and IL-2

[ February 17, 2003, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Revvin ]
DNME

Post by DNME »

Not wanting to go offtopic here but i'd be really interested in how you got the AH mouseview configured.

I know i had it down once but now i can't seem to figure out how to set the views up. Drives me mad!

Any help will be appreciated
Revvin

Post by Revvin »

Hi DNME, In Aces High click on SETUP on the clipboard then JOYSTICK then SELECT JOYSTICK and select your mouse axis for view pitch and view yaw. When you press F8 you can then control the mouse view by holding down the right mouse button.

What I did to get around this need for the right mouse button to be held was to program my HOTAS Cougar T1 button so that when it was depressed it switched to the F8 view mode and emulated the right mouse button being held down, when button T1 was pressed again it switched off the right mouse button and also reverted the views back to the snap view system which worked well to give a centreing effect to the mouse view.

Overall it works quite nicely as there seems to be a small deadzone in the centre of the screen for mouse view in AH already although it would be nice to get dedicated support for this sim.
DNME

Post by DNME »

Revvin thx,

I figured that was how to do it and i did exactly that and it worked. But i wanted to calibrate it and then all of it went completely out of whack.

It was not as smooth anymore as i remember it was. The panning is very fast but a bit jumpy compared to other sims.
I solved having to hold the right mousekey down by assigning a new hotkey on/off and toggle mode to the rightmousekey button. Works very good but for the jumpyness. Almost looks like it's low fps but it's not.
Too bad, imo trackIR could be really, really great in AH.
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Revvin hold tight, im sure Jim & Halstead will help you out if they can.

BTW where did you oder it from, direct from them or a reseller here in Europe ??

Also if you need any help give any of the users a yell here and well tell you what we can
Revvin

Post by Revvin »

Can someone at NaturalPoint help please?
Halstead York

Post by Halstead York »

Revvin-
Would you please e-mail me your contact info and the order number?
Revvin

Post by Revvin »

mail on the way thanks!