No green light

Sapster

No green light

Post by Sapster »

Hi,

I've just dug my TrackIR 3 out of a box after about 5 years of no use. I installed the latest software(5.1.3)from the download page and it seems to go without a hitch. Drivers install and the software detects the device, however, there is no green tracking light.

1. I'm using Windows XP and my specs are all ok
2. I have the device plugged directly into a spare usb port (not hub)and have switched ports several times.
3. Device manager shows it is installed ok
4. I've moved the vector clip around and positioned it where it should be easily seen by the camera.
5. When I load up a game the blue light comes on, and when I hit pause the red light comes on.
6. At the top left of the software window it says "Vector: Please activate" but I don't have vector.

One strange thing is this:

Even though the green light never comes on and in 3D view there is no tracking, when I switch to camera view it shows the 4 red dots from the vector clip, but they don't move when I move the vector clip. If I change the position of the vector clip and then minimise - maximise the software window, it will then show the new position of the 4 red dots from the vector clip, but they stay frozen until I minimise-maximise again.

The frame stats show: Frame rate 120 / Tracking Mode: Segment / Tracked Objects: 0

Any help appreciated.
Sapster

Re: No green light *update*

Post by Sapster »

I uninstalled the 5.1.3 software and installed 4.1.038 and the green tracking light is now working.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: No green light *update*

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

TrackIR 3 units are compatible with TrackIR 5 software, but only if they have vector. If you do not have a vector expansion, you will need to use the 4.xx series software.