Can't get Vector Expansion to run

DavidAit

Can't get Vector Expansion to run

Post by DavidAit »

Hi

My TIR4 started behaving strangely (head movements operating in reverse etc) after I installed IL-2 1946, plus patches and Up 3 on my system. As I was unable to correct the problem I elected to reinstall my TIR4 software.

Unfortunately, following the reinstallation, vector expansion no longer appears to work (however these events may be entirely unrelated for all I know). The home page of the TIR utility indicates 'Dot' tracking only and the option to switch to vector expansion doesn't appear under the 'Motion' tab. The home page just says vector expansion 'no device detected'. The blue light flashes every once in a while on the little receiver thing but otherwise nothing.

Is anyone able to help me with this please?

The annoying thing is, I have a funny feeling I've had a similar problem to this in the past but I just can't remember how I resolved it.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Can't get Vector Expansion to run

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

A �no device detected� message usually indicates that it can�t communicate with the camera. The vector expansion is registered for all TrackIR 4 and 5 units as they�re detected, so there�s no need to use a vector code. No detected camera would mean that the software can�t turn on the vector engine because it doesn�t know you�re eligible for it by ownership of the TrackIR 4, so really the issue is that your camera isn�t being detected by the software (the vector issue will work itself out when you fix this).

First, I�d troubleshoot the installation:

Unplug your camera, and uninstall the TrackIR software.
Download a new copy of the latest version of the TrackIR software, and save it to your desktop (note: do not run from the downloader).
Right click on the installer, and select "Run as administrator" (even if your account is an administrator) Finish the installation as normal, plug in your camera, and verify that drivers are properly installed via the device manager.
Run the software, and see if it works properly.

If that doesn�t work, you may want to try installing the software and camera on another PC to see if the camera works there. If it does, you can be reasonably sure that the issue is on your PC (configuration, windows issue, other). If it doesn�t work on another computer, it may be that the camera itself has suffered a fault and no longer functions, in which case replacement would be necessary.
DavidAit

Re: Can't get Vector Expansion to run

Post by DavidAit »

Thanks. Worked like a charm.