TrackIR 4 Pro working erratically with FSX/Win7 Pro

Gray_Lensman

TrackIR 4 Pro working erratically with FSX/Win7 Pro

Post by Gray_Lensman »

Gentlemen:

My TrackIR 4 Pro works flawlessly with my older FS2004/WinXP combination (even with the update v5.1). However, when I install it on my newer machine with Win7 using an Intel i7 970 3.20 GHz processor (w/16 GBytes), along with an NVidia GTX 470M (w/1.5 GBytes), it seems to be too much for it and though it installs correctly, within the setup screen it seems to go nuts, erratically moving in random directions. I can center it as usual, but as soon as I turn my head just the slightest bit, it's completely bonkers. Is there possibly a sensitivity adjustment that I might be overlooking or do I have to bite the bullet and upgrade the hardware to a TrackIR 5 Pro?

Thanks for the help.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TrackIR 4 Pro working erratically with FSX/Win7 Pro

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Can you take a screenshot of the TrackIR software and post it?
Gray_Lensman

Post by Gray_Lensman »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]Can you take a screenshot of the TrackIR software and post it? [/quote]

Wasn't able to figure out how to post a screen shot directly to this site but here's a link to the screenshot image posted to a mediafire link...

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?wh41y2l31ja2ch3

There seems to be some sort of reddish blobs on the small upper right camera screen that do not appear when running the same software on an older XP machine w/Flight Sim 2004 (a.k.a. FS9).

Thanks for any help you might come up with...
Gray_Lensman

Post by Gray_Lensman »

Duh! I think I found the issue... Location of the laptop was facing into a set of French doors into bright daylight. A wall mirror directly behind me was reflecting this back towards the laptop display and TrackIR sensor. Evening time arrived and no more issues and the red blotches mention above in the camera sensor have disappeared. Cool. Love this device in VFR flight mode.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

That can do it every time!